Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

GPS

HoofsUp

I am in the market for a new GPS, what do you have and do you like it? What do you like about your current unit? What don't you like? Thanks for any info.

The "Garmin" E-trex line is very simple to use, small and handy.
I have the basic model, about $110, nothing fancy, but I can mark a spot and get back to it withen a few feet.
They have several models in the E-trex line, the more expensive ones have a map data base, and can interface with computers.

I, too, have a Garmin GPS. I think mine is the GPS 12 model and one of their lower end units I think. I haven't had any problems with it and use it all the time. Friends of mine have upper end models in both Garmin and Magellan but only use about 1/3 of their capabilities. If you don't plan on using all the other features including the map downloads, don't spend the extra money unless you want to.

Wilecoyote76

The E-Trex is all a hunter needs.there are units out there that do more but who needs a map of LA when your hunting in Montana. The more satellites they can access the more accurate they are but the E-Trex will get you close enough.and still remember your way back.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-30-2003 19:22: Message edited by: nitro x ]</font>

I've got an E-Trex, the summit model I believe. I actually found it one spring in the snow, a snowmobiler had lost it. Its a nice unit. I'd love to have one with more features, but what little I've played with it I've been happy. I need to just use it and figure it out more. If I was to buy one I would get one that maps can be downloaded to, as I can see that being a great feature.

get any garmin with the "click stick" its a little joystick that makes entering waypoints and names really fast and easy. I moved up from the base etrex to the rino and love it. The ledgend is a great unit for the money. same features as the rino but no radio.

In my part of the country, the background maps are essential. It makes it so much easier to locate public land where it is checkerboarded with no obvious boundaries (ie. fences).

I use the Garmin V and e-Trex Vista.

I've had the E Trex Legend for 2 years now and love it. But just recently I have been having a little problem with the joy stick sticking and not letting me choose between options. But once it has been on a while it seems to work itself out? Any body else had this problem?
confused.gif

Happy trails

I just got the e-trex legend. I really like it. It has showed me how bad my sense of direction is. I came in to an area from in back of my stand. I already had the stand located on the GPS. The GPS said the stand was off to my left....about 450ft. I knew for a ABSOLUTE FACT that my stand was directly ahead of me. I decided to find out how inaccurate it was, and followed the arrow. Guess what I found...my tree stand.

I also just got the Etrex Legend and am looking forward to trying it out. I had, well stil have, the Garmin 12XL, but seems like the Legend can and does do quite a bit more. I was impressed with the Legend that MEATHEAD had with him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back