99% letoff, really?

Actually this "technology" has been out for a while now. With the 65% let-off rule lifted by P&Y you're now going to start seeing a lot more "wonder" bows like this advertised. Beware though, a bow with that much let-off will be difficult for most folks to shoot consistently. I've test shot one that had 90% let-off and the resistance for release was terrible in my opinion. But hey, if you like it and can shoot accurately with it, have fun!
smile.gif

BOHNTR )))------------->

Not to be a kill joy but yall don't enjoy the practice and time that goes into prepareing for your bow hunting adventure. I fairly new to archery hunting but respect the skill that is envolved, patience, and etc..., I thought 65%P&Y letoff was more than enough. people using 90% plus thats just rediculous, might as well use a rifle I say. But thats just how I feel!

May I Die Huntn:

Well, I don't know who "yall" is that you are referring to, as no one here stated they shoot and/or like 90% + let-off. Now that being understood, I've been hunting with the stick n string over 25 years now and have witnessed more changes in archery than one has the ability to recall. Some have been good changes, while others I have not endorsed. However, I try not to judge other archers/bowhunters on equipment style and/or methods of hunting. You see, that's what bowhunting is really about....individual-one on one. Who am I to tell a person their bow is wrong.

Over the years, I've "prepared my hunting adventures" with my longbow, recurve AND compound. I've been successful with all of them and enjoy shooting the different sytles from time to time.

Your opinion on the 65% let-off rule is noted and is the same as mine. However, to be fair I've completed tests on efficiency ratings with compounds that have greater than 65% let-off and they are no better than the lower let-off bows. Contrary, they are more difficlut to shoot and release consistently. So really, it doesn't give a substancial advantage like most feel and especially compared to a rifle hunter as you've stated.

Maybe I read your post the wrong way, but it appeared you have judged a few here without really reading what was posted. If I'm wrong about that I apologize. However, bowhunting is an incredible sport which I have spent a life time enjoying and promoting. Don't be so quick to judge others because of the way they hunt or equipment they use.

BOHNTR )))------------>

You did misunderstand but no sweat, My statement simply implied that there is a diffrence and it depends on which trials you've looked up for your information. Mine personally have revealed similar to what you stated but too deny the simplicity of letoff percentage is indeed a factor. If not than why have letoff at all, do you see what I'm saying. Hope soo. By the way bet you have had a good time over the years with your bows, plan on hunting with recurve soon myself. Thanks for the reply.

Well higher let off may not sound good to you men folk but to me it sounds wonderful. I have had wrist surgery and I am very small boned for a female.... the let off was the most important factor for me in picking abow because with 75% let off, I can olny draw 45 lbs. That is a low draw weight. The 90% sounds like something that would help me a lot. Thanks for the info!

Well I have been bow hunting for for 20 plus years and have a slightly different take on this.I don't mind what other hunters use so why should they mind my 80% let off. ya I shoot sticks to but I still like my compound.
And their's a big deference between an arrow at 300 fps. and a bullet at 3,000 fps.
I took a few shots with 80% let off I wouldn't have gotten without the cables and wheels.Most where long hold on draw.(I know some how thats the point.)
In this day and age where game is scarce ,tags are on the endangered species list, time is short,and hunters are every where.Some how it seams to fit.
I still conceder it quite a challenge to get within arrow range of antelope desert mulie and a few other spices.

this may sound really stupid but can someone explain "letoff" to me?? is it the breaking point of the cams or is it percentage of arrow speed after release or none of the above????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

les48:

The "let-off" that most archers speak about is the percentage of bow weight they are holding at full draw with a compound bow. Example: If you're shooting a 100# draw weight bow with 80% let-off, theoretically, you'll be holding only 20#'s at full draw.

BOHNTR )))------------>

Bohntr, Isn't the Letoff the Anchor point ? Couldn't I argue that I don't hold my Anchor point at "FULL DRAW" therefore a 80% letoff bow is only a 60% when "I" shoot it ?!?!?!

Moosie:

Yeah, I guess you could. But they have a word for those that hold all the bow weight at full draw....Recurve Shooter!

BOHNTR )))-------------->

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back