Caribou Gear Tarp

Bow kill!

DGF

Here's the story!
I saw the magnificent bull at about 30 yards away. I saw he was good size and was being agressive towards others (Cows ore bulls I couldn't tell) chasing them off when they got near his feeding area. I stalked to withing 12 yards and I was placed behind a tree. I drew back and leaned from behind the tree. There he was but he wasn't presenting a good shot. I gave a slight bark at him and he quickly rose to his rear legs and faced my direction. I released my arrow and had a good shot. I waited 3 seconds before the tracking began. He didn't go far at all, about 3 feet is all. I had made a great head shot on the bull squirrel. My expandable NAP shockwave 100 grain broadheads did a great job and I achieved pass through penetration...

OK, OK, I know what all of you are thinking, I must be a wacko, right.. Nagh, I'm just enthused about my upcoming deer hunt tomorrow. Just wanted that last bit of practice and figured mom wouldn't mind me chasing those pesky squirrels from her bird feeder.

~Dan~

:D :D Good luck on the hunt tomorrow.

So the count as of now is
1-elk
1-Squirrel ?
As Steve and I were walking out from our last hunt he saw a squirrel sitting on a branch in a tree.
He told me to watch it as he shot.
I look through the bino's and the little thing looked so cute just sitting there eating ,Oh yeah so Steve let's his arrow fly,
I expected to see squirrel stuck to the tree LOL but he missed ,that squirrel ran around the back side of the tree and as Steve and I was laughting it came back and started grabbing at the arrow that was stuck right next to where he had been :D :D
That was to much so I thought I better give it a try :eek: :eek: Lucky for the squirrel, I shoot about as good as Steve does ;) and I hit right on the other side from Steve's arrow.
The little guy didnt stick around to see when had hit next to him this time.
Have a good time hunting and I hope you stick one.

lmao! Great stories and I can relate. Last fall as we were set up in an area. I got bored and when some tree rats were running around I drawed my bow back on onew while sitting on the ground. I released the arrow and the arrow only nicked it's tail. It had been bent over digging. It takes off and gets on a log. It starts licking it's tail over and over. It is all we can do to keep from laughing out loud.

Good luck Dan! :D

I use a judo with one of those extra set of judo fingers behind it. It is the only way I can find my arrows. It is also very heavy and knocks the hell out of what ever I hit at close range. Picks up quite a few grouse.. :D

Back