traditional vs. modern

DKO

whats your experience with traditional shooters vs. modern shooters

how do traditional archers perceive modern archers and how do modern shooters perceive traditional shooters ?????

i know alot more modern shooters than traditional shooters and i can honestly say that most modern shooters respect and do not have many if any problems with traditional shooters, but i know traditional shooters that have huge problems with the modern shooters ???

why is that ????

is this the same in your area????

if so what are some of the things you hear ??????

the classic for me would be "oh i see you still have your training wheels"

any comments ????

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

I'm sure you are right to an extent. I am in the long, yet fun, process of learning to shoot traditional. I still shoot my compound occasionaly, but just wanted to learn to shoot traditionaly to get away from all the high tech gadgets for awhile... It just so happened that I liked it and want to pursue it further. I'm sure many other traditional archers started like this and are understanding of compound shooters. I don't see why traditional shooters would have a problem with this because in competions there are 2 different leagues. Who knows, some people are born erragant, eh?
smile.gif

------------------
~Dan~

hntr_trap.gif

Why to purist flyfishermen (fisher person
smile.gif
)hate to see someone drowning a worm? I realy don't care. We are all hunters or fisher people, only what weapon you prefer to hunt with defines what seaon you hunt in.
smile.gif

------------------
plunger.gif
elksil.jpg

I started out tradional with a long bow,now shoot a compound with sights and release.Have to say I am alot more confident with the compound.Thinking about trying a recurve.Bowhunters need to stick together back in the 80's I remember alot of clashes.

Back