Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

March 11, 2001 Benefit Shoot

PawsRI

On March 11, 2001 there will be a Benefit Shoot by the Seneca Tri-State Traditional Archers and the Wildlife League of Ohio County, West Virginia for Mike Churney. The shoot will be held at the WLOC. Sign-ups are from 9AM-1PM. A $10.00 donation includes shooting the 3D course and a very basic lunch. There will also be a "Chinese" auction of donated items. (Chinese auction=you buy tickets; each item has it's own ticket receptacle & you put as many or as few tickets as you desire toward the item of your choice). This was intended to be a trad only shoot, but many wheelie shooters want to help, so the shoot is open to all. Directions to the WLOC -- I70 to PA Exit 1 (West Alexander). Turn left (south) off exit and go 2.3 miles on Old Brick Road. Turn right onto Middle Creek Road, follow about 2 miles and the WLOC will be on your left.

If anyone is willing to donate something for this "auction" please contact Jim Ulery [email protected]

From the information I have read, Mike is about 35, married, with two children, a small timebow maker, works in the summer doing construction, maybe self-employed, and maybe no insurance. Mike has a brain tumor and on Christmas night had a seizure and has had several since then.

Send whatever $$ you can, large or small, (checks payable to Mike Churney) to Steve Smith, Rd 2 Box 94, Chester, WV 26034. Steve will make a record of the persons and amounts received, and as he put it "Money seems sweeter in 100 dollar bills". You can also contact Steve at [email protected].

Send a note to Mike Churney, 651 Race Street Waynesburg, PA 15370.

Post your prayers here and they will be printed and delivered to Mike and family.

Hubby and I are too far away for a one day shoot. We have already been in contact with Jim and have donated one dozen arrows for the auction.

Received an e-mail from Steve this morning stating they need all the help they can get. They have to drive about 90 miles round trip everyday for the next six weeks for his chemo. With gas, lunch and other expenses, any amount is appreciated.

Patty

PawsRi,
thanks for posting this and thanks for helping a fellow archer in need! we will keep Mike in our prayers and hope for speedy recovery! i cant imagine how difficult this must be for him and his family! tell him everyone here at hunttalk is pulling for him and hope the good lord watches over him during this time! im too far away to participate in the shoot or i would! so i will try to help in another way!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back