Caribou Gear

Bowhunting the gathering!

DKO

just curious to how many who are attending the gathering will be bowhunting, i will be bringin my bow , muzzleloader (thx to terry)and rifle, but hope to bowhunt anyone else???

------------------
"in the Spring we Strut and in the Fall we Rut"

gator1.gif

After I find out, if or what tags I drew then I'll know.
If I only draw Wyoming tags I will probably bring my bow just for fun
smile.gif

Lets see that would be 2 rifle's ,1 handgun, and a bow and all the toys for it.
I am punishing my black powder gun and it will never leave the gun case again.
smile.gif

No ,it is not for sale!!
smile.gif

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

There is no law that keeps one from hunting with a bow during rifle season in Wyoming.

Bcat, We may just do that. I will be there durring the rifle season for sure just to say HI if nothing else but would stop by during Bow season if DKO goes then.....

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

that wyoming law kinda sucks, does anybody know why you cant bowhunt during the rifle season???, we do it all the time and usually (except elk) coinsides with the peak season.

------------------
"in the Spring we Strut and in the Fall we Rut"
ff1158a8.gif.orig.gif

I havent read up on it yet DKO! I havent ever seen anybody bow hunting during rifle season and I do think it is illegal to do so, but I will check it out for ya! The hunting is better for bow when the elk are bugling I KNOW THAT FOR SURE!!!!!! That would be great Moosie if you could come up for a few days of bow season! IF ya draw that is! He11 even if ya dont draw!!!!
smile.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

DKO--I called the game warden and he said! It is legal to hunt with archery equipment during the regular rifle season, and ya dont have to buy an archery permit to do it!!!! You do however have to buy an archery tag if yer gonna hunt in september during the special archery season. I dont know why anyone would want to hunt with a bow during rifle season after the rut anyway but to each his own!!! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif

Joe, Several months ago like last spring, on another site, somebody came up with the idea of getting together to do a hunt. jason Lee I believe came up with the question. Several places and things came up as far as possible meeting places and hunts where we could get together to do it. BY THE WAY WELCOME TO MOOSIES FORUM!!!! Anyway to make a long story short , I offered a free antelope hunt to anyone of the group that drew a tag in my area of Wyoming. THere were ten origional members of the gathering officially. As things progressed things got bigger and more friends were made, and to accomodate it all , things got bigger. Contact Moosie to see what its all about. We are trying to keep it under control so it doesnt get so big, that its uncontrolable if you know what I mean, without excluding those that want to come. In th4 meantime Joe, people wanted to come and ya cant really depend on drawing an antelope tag so several of the guys have put in for deer and elk too. The gathering is October 9th thru the 20th to accomodate anybody that draws tags, as all three seasons run concurently with those dates! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpeg

[This message has been edited by bcat (edited 01-08-2001).]

Back