NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Tennessee Rifle....

FLIPPER

I got up this morning and it was raining, so I was thinking about not going. I turned on the weather and it looked like it would be very light and not last long.

So I loaded up the truck and started my long journey down I-75 to my hunting land...it took 22 minutes I got to my parking place, got all my crap together and slammed the door, looked in front of the truck and there is a deer...it runs off.

I started up the pipeline R.O.W and look up ahead, thinking, that looks like a deer...it was...it too ran off. I get up to the fence and check out one of my food plots...nothing. So I start walking along the fence, turn the corner and there is another deer...it too runs off. I continue on my way to check a big field for any signs of life....nothing. So I start back towards the food plot. When I get to the corner of the fence...there is a pretty nice buck standing at the edge of the food plot, he also see's me at the same time, so I throw up the rifle, get him in the scope, flip the safety off....BOOM he runs off it is then I notice the tree/bush between me and where he was standing

So I venture over to where he was standing...nothing...no blood...no hair, only tracks. OMG...I have missed

So to be sure I did miss, I followed his tracks...nothing.

Then to my right a deer blows and starts running. He was about 80 yards in standing timber and some of the thickest crap you ever saw...I threw up my rifle, pushed the safety off again, got on him....BOOM he makes it about 15 or 20 yards and piles up.

Its kinda ironic....one in the food plot = miss......one running in trees and under growth = dead.

But there is more meat for the freezer

BTW...all of this took place in 35 minutes
279350sew0079.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back