Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Soon,but not soon enough.

hank4elk

Was in the Gila yesterday cutting firewood & poking around some in my deer unit.
Heard 3 bulls trying out the vocal cords about a mile apart. Sqweekers.
Hot humid afternoon & laying down with a gallon of water,elk where walking through the woods nearby. I had a saw running just prior,lol.
Did see a couple bucks & some turkeys too....cool.
Funny thing I had 2 velvet bulls at my tank at dawn,and saw a few in Gila,but saw 6 good rubbed out bulls the same day.
Soon!:cool:

I have chased a good number of bulls down there all around woodcutters running chainsaws. Elk don't seem to care.

I can't wait for my back to heal up so I can drive out for a scouting trip. Sounds like yours was productive!

Lucky you !! It's hard to get pumped up for chasing Elk while I'm sitting here in 100 degree heat. Still sticking to my exercise regimen and walking my 3 miles a day. Hearing Bulls bugling would certainly get me excited. 14 weeks and counting before I leave to head your way (passing you on my way to Chama).

Here are some of yesterdays pics from my tank cam. Still a ways to go on these bulls.Been dry here. But there is a wetland now from windmill tank flowing out along fence and onto my place again.
early july 054.jpgearly july 023.jpgearly july 061.jpg

Attachments

• early july 055.jpg
    early july 055.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 174
Some bulls are but these guys the cam is catching still have a little ways to go. Sausages. On young bulls.
Two I have seen at 1st light are way bigger ,but they stay out of camera range obviously. Have dozens of cow pics and 2 pairs of young bulls in 10 days. Lots of ravens & prairie dogs tho.
About 50/50 rubbed out in the Gila from what I saw.
Mtns in distance are Escondido & Mangas,north side of Gila.Apache forest.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerks28
Back