Caribou Gear

Orion cooler size for elk question

Amstaff

I will be buying at least two Orion coolers (maybe as early as tomorrow, if I figure out the size thing!). I am definitely getting a 45 for my wife and daughter who travel to horse shows most weekends throughout the year. It will be the perfect size for them. I would also like to get a larger one I can use when I head out west... a 65 or 85. I am pretty confident the 65 will easily hold 1 fully processed muley or whitetail, or 2 pronghorns. What about an elk? Will a fully processed elk fit in an 85? I am not opposed to getting an 85 and a 65, or maybe two 65's if that does the trick. What say the experts?

Thanks,

Amstaff

I have a 65 and love it. I use it and a brand X 100qt to get my elk back. I fill the Orion 65 with all the frozen jugs and leave it shut and covered with a blanket until we need to put the elk in coolers. After 8 days the milk jugs still had ice and we put the elk in both coolers and made it back with cold meat. I am going to pull the trigger and get an 85 Orion. I believe Big Fin did a video and said 2 Orion 85s would be the perfect set up for elk. I would agree with him on that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back