NEW SITKA Ambient 75

NM Unit Wide Ranch boundaries

nontyp

Does NM offer a gps file that contains the UW ranch boundaries? I haven’t hunted NM for a few years, but the last time I actually had to manually draw the UW ranch boundaries. I did check the website yesterday and it says they wont even have the map available until early August.

Maps are on the LO/ranch list page. The final map may not be available til Aug, but ranches are listed by unit there. RO & UW. You still will need onx on GPS to define. It's a Google sat. map, highlighted boundaries in yellow.

Maps are on the LO/ranch list page. The final map may not be available til Aug, but ranches are listed by unit there. RO & UW. You still will need onx on GPS to define. It's a Google sat. map, highlighted boundaries in yellow.
Hank, Yes i do see that they have that google map and list. Do they offer that as a file that i can import into google earth or onx? Im just hoping they actually allow that file to be downloaded so that I don’t have to draw all of them.

I'm lucky I can find anything online,so your asking the wrong guy. LOL I don't use any cell phone apps....
I do know the lines match up with what I know is my place & my Garmin with onx. I mark up BLM maps alot.

What Hank said. i found it easier to highlight all over a blm map based on looking ar the UW maps.

Last time I had a gila tag I had to file an open records request just to pay close to a hundred bucks for a pile of crappy copies of hand draw poo they let LO provide.

Another thing is my county, Catron, is only one in NM on onx that will not give out owner ID. Or at least to outside commercial entities. Like onx...& it holds most of the Gila units.
NMG&F does use onx,from what I have seen in the field. They did go thru list & LO's do have to show proof of ownership. As in deeded lands & public records.

Know one guy that claims to have 11 sections & griped about getting only 1 tag this year. But they only own 3 sections,that are heavily grazed by cattle. The rest is leased BLM & State,which does not qualify for program.
It's a whole new ballgame now with E-plus.
Those 20-40 ac parcels are mostly gone. Hell many larger ranches here in my unit got no tags.THEY DID NOT QUALIFY or did not know how to fill out the new paperwork properly. Many do not even know about the Habitat Incentive Program.
Like WB said,I bet most do not know much,about their own lands..........and those fences usually are not on the legal property lines. Close....lol.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Bornlzr
Back