New Bows all around!!!

Muledeer4me

Well ,I got a new bow,on saterday.
Me being cheap and not likeing to spent money. :D Steve has been wanting to up grade my bow and I have been draging my feet so to speak.What a fool I have been.LOL I went to a pro shop and already learned a number of thingds that will help me out.I am thingking about taking some lessions .Does anyone have any thought on that?
So we get my bow all set and go out shooting on sunday only to find Steves 1 1/2 year old bow has a problem---something to do with the limb pockets .So he had to send it in for repair---could be 4 week or longer to get in back. Is that normal? So we were faced with him not having anything to shoot and all the 3Ds coming up.
We decided he should buy a new bow --
Ouch--werent planning on that.What does everyone else do when that happen,do you guys keep a back up?

congrats on your new bow MD4ME,i think youll be happy with the high country!! Limb pockets have been a problem on some bows, i know xi and golden eagle have had problems !!!! ??? i have four H.C. bows and never a problem. As far as lessons, well thats kinda up to you but remember the person giving the lesson is more likely to teach his or her way of shooting vs. you developing your own style, alot of peolple will argue different aspects like low grip vs. high grip and straight locked bow arm vs. slightly bent bow arm etc...... anchor points should be your decision based on a natural and comfortable position.If you can establish a comfortable anchor point and grip the bow comfortably and the same way every time and follow through with every shot you will build a consistent shooting style and work with it from that point vs. trying to force yourself to do things that dont feel right because joe blow shoots that way! Back-up bows is a good idea if you can afford to have two exactly the same and set-up the same way! or you can learn to rebuild your bows from ground up (which isnt that hard) and be prepared with the right equipment to do it in the field! regular maintenance can curb most field failures.Like anything else bows have bushings made of plastic and string made of a multitude of products that need attention,kinda like changin the oil in your car!! it can save ya or it can cost ya!

one problem i have with some bowhunters is they wont spend the money on a good quality bow! its O.K. to spend $800.00 for a rifle to hunt with but not O.K. to spend $400.00 for a bow to hunt with! not that you need an $800.00 gun or a $400.00 bow to kill game.

Steve, needs a new bow
H.C. max force mx-1 or fourrunner depending on his draw length! :D

DKO,thanks for the tip on shooting and that does make sense.Steve is real good to help me and I have been trying to practice alot and do everything the same everytime.
Steves bow with the limb pocket problems was a reflex and now we found out that they have had a problem with it and have change the pockes.
Steve is heavy into the mantance stuff(i cant say the same for me) thats what he is for.LOL
Steve shoots with fingers and was needing a longer bow.He ended up with a mathews MQ1
He thought about going back to the same as his last bow but with the problems it had and the fact that there were 4 week out to fix it we backed off.We have been told that the mathews has great customer satifaction.I hope so.

MD4me, let us know how your High Country, and steves Mathews work out. I have been looking at Mathews ads and they look like great stuff. I haven't bow hunted in ten years, but you never know when I'll have to get a new bow and start again !!!

Anaconda,Both Bows are great.
I have been shooting better with this new Bow.
Steve also really likes the Mathews.
When Steve went to get a new he wasnt looking just for the Mathews but once he held it it felt great.
I do see alot of them at the 3D shoots and have yet to here anyone say they didnt like theres.
I think there are some nice Bows out there and the main thing is to get a good one and one that fits you.
I didnt even want to start shooting a Bow again(I had one about 10 years ago)didnt really care much for it,then Steve bought me a new one and WOW they sure have come alone way. I love it now.
Let us know what you buy,you know you NEED one LOL

Don't anyone overlook Martin bows. I have yet to find a line a bows that are of their quality and price. The Martin dealer near home also sells Matthews bows. He has a lot of hardly shot Matthews for sale :D :D Just my 0.02

1-pointer,my son has (had) a Martin--it has been a great bow.
It is now about 12 years old and he has not had any problems with it.It is the first bow he ever got.
As luck would have it Steves Reflex just got back---LOL right after he bought the Mathews.
So he gave the Reflex to our son.
It just worked out that Steve and Bill have the same draw length,and our son made sure to let dad know the bow fit him just right.Ha Ha
Same thing our Daughter-in-law did with my old Bow,I really didnt think it would fit her but they took it to the pro shop and (WOW) got it all set up--she already is shooting pretty good.
Now we just need to set up our granddaughter and we will be all set.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back