idaho sawtooth zone tags

Idahoarcheryhunter

just curious who else saw the article on idfg's website about how quick the quota tags sold out both the a and b tags and that beginning in march of 2017 they will review how to fix the tag issue per say, I would guess they will turn it into a draw for each of the units possibly? ( 33,34,35 and 36) just because the tags sold out in less than an hour and plenty of people are pretty frustrated about not being able to get the tag... Thankfully I was one of the lucky ones and have an A tag in my pocket. Just curious what everyone else thinks!

It seems like people are frustrated with how quickly they sold out and are also frustrated that IDFG may be considering making some of these limited quota areas draw areas. On another forum it was suggested that they make the R limited quota tags available at the same time that the tags are made available to the NR. And those hunters that pick up the limited quota tag forfeit being able to put in for the limited draw for elk. Seems like a decent solution. Some may find it unfair that the guys that put in for OIL would have nothing to lose. Thoughts?

It seems like people are frustrated with how quickly they sold out and are also frustrated that IDFG may be considering making some of these limited quota areas draw areas. On another forum it was suggested that they make the R limited quota tags available at the same time that the tags are made available to the NR. And those hunters that pick up the limited quota tag forfeit being able to put in for the limited draw for elk. Seems like a decent solution. Some may find it unfair that the guys that put in for OIL would have nothing to lose. Thoughts?

Yeah I'm torn on that as a solution, I think what they will end up doing will be putting it into a draw which will kind of suck because it will for some people take away the option of putting in on a difficult trophy type tag, and when we don't draw that still have the Otc to fall back on but if they put it into a draw it will create a dilemma on what to do, and if you don't draw now you have to hunt a different zone, who knows we'll see what comes next spring

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back