Idaho 59a or 30a Archery

Which unit offers better archery backpack elk hunting opportunities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bow Junkie

My buddy and I are planning a 10 day DIY backpack archery elk hunt for mid September in the Beaverhead zone. We have never hunted the area and we have been roaming through the vast web pages of the internet looking for any info possible and still have not made up our mind on what unit we are going to go to. We are leaning towards 59a or 30a but have no real knowledge of the area other than what we have found online and from the Idaho Fish and Game. We really need to settle on a unit so we can do more in depth research and plan a scouting trip.

I was hoping to connect with someone who's familiar with the area who could point us in the right direction. We have a couple areas in both units that we like based on google earth images but we are hoping to get some intel on what the hunting in these units is like (hunting pressure, terrain, weather, ease of access) Our main goal is to get of the beaten path and away from other hunters in a area that holds elk, we are both in pretty good shape a have been training for this hunt for quite some time.

We are both accomplished whitetail and turkey hunters in Kansas and would be more than happy to trade info and possibly provide the right person with private land access in central and SE Kansas as well as info on public land that we hunt.

Thanks and God Bless!!!
Josh

That would be a nice trade of intel. Wish I could help. Hopefully one of the Idaho Hunttalkers chime in soon. It seems that the Idaho folks are becoming less and less active around these parts. Good luck!

Funny, I was doing the same thing yesterday on Idaho's website. Ive gone to new mexico the last 6 years but didnt win the draw. In New Mexico theres quite a few roads and 2 track roads. I know no unit is the same. But how is it in Idaho? I have found that the local Wal-mart and gas station is filled with people that are super nice and can point you in a direction. It's a 30 dollar tag for them vs what 500 and a long ways to travel for us?

I personally as a quick look at Google earth and the IDFG regs I would choose 30A, I don't hunt on that side of the state..... Lets us know what happens....
Matt

Haven't hunted 30a but have traveled through it several times during the archery season and what I've seen has been promising��

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back