Gohunt Insider valuable for resident?

Clawsar

Hey guys,
I was wondering what people thought of go hunt insider when you are a resident of the state you'll be hunting in? I still have a hard time finding elk areas but I am fairly limited in where I get to go hunting. I know the state I'll be in (MT) and I know the region (Kalispell, maybe Seeley) but I still have a bounty of great districts and hills to pick through.
If I were looking through all states and their districts, $150 would absolutely be worth the consolidated information. But what do the users recommend when I'm down to picking from 5-10 districts within a certain area already?

Thanks!!

If you need help with draw odds then yes. As a local hunter I'd invest in onX maps first and look for good public areas to hunt in the areas you're interested in hunting. You can learn a lot more with your e-scouting your home state with onX.

Thanks ShootsManyBullets, I got onX a few years ago and see the thousands of uses for it. I can stick with that for now.

OnXMaps will help find public land and identify ownership of other parcels.

GoHunt currently fills a void for looking at draw odds based on the points you have and what you are looking for in harvest rates, critter size, etc. They are working on strategy guides but this was the first year creating those so was a bit of a scramble and expect next year the strategy articles will be much better with even more details on what you might want to do if you have minimal points vs. if you have a lot of points. That said, I find it difficult to justify $150 for one species in one state where you are actually a resident. I apply in a dozen states for several species so becomes a rounding error on what I plow into my hobby.

I use Huntin' Fool and the $100 is worth it as I usually have a couple of out-of-state hunts each fall so the prior hunter list is quite useful if has current info of some non-residents. Residents on the list are not that helpful. Hunter info for those that hunted more than 5 years ago is often quite hit or miss with the phone number being the only point of contact and often has changed.

Eastmans was not that useful and they had some accuracy issues back one year when NM was adding sheep hunts and they missed that completely. I also did not like having to subscribe to archery and rifle versions of the magazine. I dropped them.

Your value may be different.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back