Evidence of s:x

Rooster52

How long do you need to leave evidence of sex attached to a portion of the animal.We process our animals our self right at camp before we head for home . We cut wrap andfreeze right at camp.
Would we need to leave something attached as we travel home ?never have but never been checked before.

Found my answer in the Colorado proclamation page 17. Only needs attached until processed,cut wrapped and frozen.

I have seen hunters at a check station in Kansas on opening weekend of pheasant season get stopped by Fish & Game and get into hot water because although they had correctly followed Colorado regulations, they were now in Kansas and subject to our regulations. To be safe, and this might sound extreme, you may need to know every state you travel through how they require such things as attached evidence of sex, or spurs, plumage, etc.

I at least keep it along with the animal in a baggie. I think that is all that is required now in Wyoming. I don't think that it has to be attached.

It is suppose to be attached, here, but as long as it accompanied the meat, I doubt that there would be a problem.

That was pretty cheap on the part of Kansas it looks like to me.

I think this is a dumb law, and probably not necessary the vast majority of the time, however I do know Colorado Game Wardens enforce it.
As for complying with other States laws on your way back home, that too is sort of ridiculous if those States don't even have huntable populations of Elk in their State.

In Montana it has to be attached until it is at it's destination of final processing. That could be the local butcher, your home out of state, or in camp but it has to stay on until you start cutting, wrapping, and freezing

In Montana it has to be attached until it is at it's destination of final processing. That could be the local butcher, your home out of state, or in camp but it has to stay on until you start cutting, wrapping, and freezing

That used to be the law in Wyoming, until they changed it a few years ago that it just has to accompany the carcass, so putting the udder in a ziplock bag now suffices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back