Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado - What happens when...

rmyoung1

What happens when someone turns a cow tag back in after putting down the EF code instead of the intended EM code on their application? There's always a few out there that apply for a cow tag with like 12 or 15 points. When they inevitably turn it back in, what happens to the tag? Is it thrown into the leftover pool? Is it offered to a hunter on the list who really wanted that tag? Anyone know the process?

Last edited:
Any tag that was not part of the Hybrid draw will go to leftovers. Here's the blurb from CPW's website (I underlined the relevant part):

​​Reissue of limited licenses

What Has Changed?​

​Returned deer, elk, pronghorn and bear hunt codes that were part of the hybrid draw* (See 2016 Big Game Brochure, p. 7) will be reissued through the manual process to the next person in the draw order.

Hybrid draw reissued licenses require the use of preference points as per regulation.

Hybrid draw reissued licenses will not appear on the Reissue Preview** or the limited license leftover list.

​All other limited licenses and Over-the-Counter with caps excluding public Ranching for Wildlife, will be available to the public, who meet licensing and education requirements.

Limited and OTC with caps licenses will NOT require the use of preference points.

Reissued licenses are subject to bag and possession limits.

Limited and OTC with caps licenses will continue to be reissued as long as a sufficient number of licenses are returned or unsold.

Administration of reissued licenses through online leftover list :

Beginning March 28, 2016 the Reissue Preview list will be published on the website every Monday, at 3 p.m. Hunt codes on the Reissue Preview list will be available for purchase the next day, Tuesday, at 9 a.m.

Each Tuesday at 9 a.m. licenses for hunt codes that were on the Reissue Preview list become available for sale and appear on the designated leftover list.

The Reissue Preview list will be cleared after sales begin and repopulate the following Monday.

Where's the link to the reissue preview list? I haven't been able to find it. Not that I expect to be able to take advantage of it, but you never know!

They will be posted at this link in late July and go on sale August 2.

That's the leftover list. I was looking for "Beginning March 28, 2016 the Reissue Preview list will be published on the website every Monday, at 3 p.m."

That's the leftover list. I was looking for "Beginning March 28, 2016 the Reissue Preview list will be published on the website every Monday, at 3 p.m."

That quote is a bit misleading given that the draw does not occur until May. Licenses will ultimately be reissued via the leftover list:
Each Tuesday at 9 a.m. licenses for hunt codes that were on the Reissue Preview list become available for sale and appear on the designated leftover list.
Since the leftover list is not posted until after the leftover draw, I wouldn't expect to see any reissue preview list until leftovers go on sale. I could be wrong, but let's not think such negative thoughts. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Bornlzr
Back