Carpal Tunnel

recon6036

I’ve been dealing with Carpal Tunnel coming up on a year now. Two Cortisone shots worked wonders for a while, but it’s back with a vengeance.
EMG testing yesterday showed no nerve or muscle damage, thankfully.
Surgery is the next step, which I’m ready for.
Anyway, I know some have commented about Carpal Tunnel in the past. I’ve done research and obviously asked my Doc questions, but what have others done to relieve the uncomfortable experience of Carpal Tunnel pre-surgery?
What was your recovery like after Surgery?
This is a Workman’s comp claim and they move so slow with scheduling the next step.
Trying to sleep is the worst part. Cold packs, heat, anti-inflammatory meds provide no relief.
Thanks!

Here you go Ron!

Same thing except do something to the arm (or something else) instead.

Hopefully others have something more helpful to contribute!

I been dealing with this for awhile and it's frustrating for sure. I'm also to the point that I'm guessing surgery will be in the near future. I've been hesitant as I've heard pretty mixed reviews on the outcome. Braces help a little at night so I don't wake up as much.

Get a good ortho who only does endoscopic release and your surgery will be a breeze. Had both done over the last 3 years, piece of cake, small 1" incision on my wrist. Recovery time was several days, had to work a while to get full range back in my hands, maybe 3 months till back at 100 %. I waited 15 years to get mine done, I was originally told the surgeon would need to open my entire hand and it would be a 4 month recovery. Thankfully, that's not true anymore. As far as pre surgery, I never found anything to give me relief, and yes, sleeping was difficult and extremely painful at times. Get em fixed, you'll be glad you did

Last edited:
I’m at the cortisone shot stage. Had to tape my wrist/hand like a boxer to carry my rifle last fall. Had a couple of MRI/xrays, doc wanted to know what the hell I had done to my wrist. Currently wearing a brace at night, thats’ been helping but getting surgery scheduled has been difficult. Good luck.

Just had both of mine done April 4. Endoscopic is great . No rehab, just exercises. Back to work next day on limited duty. Getting more mobility every day. Sleep great. Strength is slow to come but its getting better. 2 stitches in one wrist, one stitch in the other.

Thanks for the replies! Endoscopic is what was mentioned by the Occ. Med. Dr., so I’m hoping Workman’s comp. approves the Surgeries sooner than later.
I’m getting close to a planned SXS ride/vacation in the Bighorns this July, so I’d like to be recovered enough by then…..I sure as hell don’t want me wife driving the sxs😳

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back