PEAX Equipment

Can you put fish in a pie?

At the world famous Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon France they have been cooking a whole sea bass in pastry for many years, considered one of France's pillars of French Cooking. The restaurant is consistently ranked one of the top 50 in the world. Sadly, Paul Bocuse past away in 2018. A few years before he passed he went duck hunting with the also late Anthony Bourdain and they made a Parts Unknown episode about it. Before Mr. Bocuse died the wife and I were able to dine at his restaurant and the fish in pastry I will never forget.

This is a good lead to follow. Maybe @devon deer enjoys fish sometimes in a potato pie.
I have eaten lots, but cooked zero, my 94 year old mother-in-law (or as I have her in my phone on speed dial, monster-in-law, she know's it and likes a joke) makes a lovely pie, she makes it along similar lines of this recipe
She uses cod, for the smoked fish its mainly haddock, but sometimes puts in smoked salmon, and a few prawns.
But I had an equally tasty pie as above but they had added scallops, that made it for me.
I haven't made one because it stinks the kitchen out for a couple of days, I can always tell what's on the menu when I enter her house before she tells us!
Happy cooking!

Back