Alaska Bison with Jim Baichtal

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Last year our good buddy, Jim "The Beard" Baichtal, drew a remote Alaska bison tag. He called and asked if we wanted to film something that is true adventure. Since I was already obligated to other trips, I had to bail. But, Marcus, being the most adventurous of our crew, happily volunteered for 12 days of floating down a wild Alaska river in an Alpacka Raft while Jim and Barth traversed the river in a big cataraft.

This is a true adventure, if ever there is such a thing.

Part 1 below:

Big thanks to Jim. He's gracious and wiling to share what he knows. We enjoy his company and his immense knowledge. In addition to being one of the best hunters I know. Hoping we can invite him on a great adventure when we draw a great tag.

Enjoyed pt 1 , even though I haven’t lived up there in over 30 years , when I see a good Alaskan video of hunting and the outdoors I’m transported back like I’ve never left , the vast expanse and sheer beauty of Alaska gets in your soul like no place I’ve ever been. So thankful I got to live and be raised there hunting and fishing.

Two week Alaskan river float trip with friends. Epic.
With an Alaskan Bison trophy, too. LEGEND. 😁

Congratulations, Jim (with a hat tip to Barth and Marcus).

Great hunt. I really enjoyed watching. Jim seems like such a nice guy.

I have always thought the same , his quote “Bison as many as stars in the sky, saying take me Jim” ha ha ha it’s a quote from one of my all time favorite westerns the MOUNTAIN MEN with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith , I remember my dad took me to see that when we lived in Alaska no less

I listened to the podcast about this hunt on my drive home and then watched the videos. Marcus and Jim paint a vivid picture talking about the trip it was excellent, Jim is a cut up on and off the camera, paired with Marcus camera work, it was destined for success with or without a kill at the end. (Not doubting your hunting ability Mr. Jim)
Congrats on sage and successful hunt. Glad Barth came out ok from his illness.

Back