Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

African Safari- Kuche Safaris

Yooper906

So my brother won this hunt at a DU banquet for four hunters. Just curious if anyone on here has experience with this outfit? We have 30 days to claim the hunt.

I’ve never really considered an African safari, but this opportunity seems too good to pass up. I’ve read some reviews, most seem positive.

Just looking for any first hand experience!

Thanks!
Yooper

So my brother won this hunt at a DU banquet for four hunters. Just curious if anyone on here has experience with this outfit? We have 30 days to claim the hunt.

I’ve never really considered an African safari, but this opportunity seems too good to pass up. I’ve read some reviews, most seem positive.

Just looking for any first hand experience!

Thanks!
Yooper
I'm going in August for a hunt I won/bought last year. I just got to meet them in person at the outdoor show in Harrisburg. We've added two more hunters to out 4 person package to 6 total. At the end of the month my group has a meeting scheduled to decide on any extra animals we're adding, if anything.

So far interactions have been mostly positive, though the terms of the hunt we bought have changed a few times already adding/increasing costs and fees for certain things. From all reports its a pretty industrial operation, two or three camps of 15-25 hunters at a time.

My wife and I are spending an extra week in Cape Town after the safari. I am as excited about that as I am anything else!

I tried looking at some hunts they have posted on YouTube because I'm looking at a safari in the next couple years, just not sure with who yet. Looked like alot of riding in the back of a truck (and shooting from the back of the truck).

Not saying this is what they do 100% of the time, but I'm not going to go all the way to SA to shoot animals off the back of a motor vehicle. I'd definitely see what options they have for actual spot and stalk. Regardless of what kind of hunting they do, I too have found mostly positive reviews.

JT 13 Cape Town is a good stop. We spent a week there after our safari last year.
Coleslaw. We hunted with Crusader Safaris in RSA. 100% low fence for our hunt. He either owns or otherwise controls right at 1million acres low fence across three different climate zones on the eastern cape. We hunted all three.He does have a small high fence area, 20,000 acres of some of the toughest looking country we saw in South Africa. He has buffaloe there. Catherine and I were the only ones there at the first two ranches at the third there was another group of three we never saw.
Saw lots of game probably close to 30 species.

My wife and I just got back two days ago from the Limpopo region. Both of us were archery hunting and it was a great experience. Stay right on the poperty. Food and accomodations were amazing. Picked us up in Johanessburg and went straight to the lodge and dropped us off 3 hours before our flight out. Experience of a lifetime and can't wait to get back! He stated they don't shoot anything from the vehicles even though you could with a rifle. Straight up operation that I would recommend to anyone.

If you look them up on africanhunting.com they are the worst ever or the greatest. Sounds like they are making their money from volume of hunters.

FYI, I sent a lot of information to @Yooper906 via PM regarding the fine print and paperwork from the outfitter. If anyone else wants it to, let me know. Otherwise I'll be reporting back in August with a full hunt recap both on here and on AfricaHunting.

Last edited:
Take extra cash or a credit card with a big limit. You’ll see plenty of animals that you didn’t realize you “need” until you get there. If you’re like most people, you’ll also probably start thinking about your return trip before you even get back home. Enjoy and be sure to post a trip report!

Good luck on your upcoming hunt in South Africa. Enjoy every moment. I have never had a bad day on the Dark Continent. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Take extra cash or a credit card with a big limit. You’ll see plenty of animals that you didn’t realize you “need” until you get there. If you’re like most people, you’ll also probably start thinking about your return trip before you even get back home. Enjoy and be sure to post a trip report!
I went looking for four spiral horns came home with 10 different animals.

Don't do it! In 2011, my wife and I bid on a trekking, photo, hunting safari auction item at a fundraiser for the faith-based non-profit she used to work for. Turns out it was a hunting safari in SA with Afrika Barrel and Bow. It was the first time either of us had big game hunted. I've never financially recovered from the hunting habit I picked up.

We're headed back this summer to take our three kids to hunt with Afrika Barrel and Bow again...never going to financially recover.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back