7 PRC Feeding issues

Caseknife

Rebarreled a Rem 700 7mm Mag to 7 PRC. Having a bit of an issue with the first round out of the mag when 3 are in there after firing the round in the chamber. That first round wants to completely jump out of the magazine and turn sideways, essentially stove-piping. Doesn't do it with subsequent rounds from the magazine. This a 700 BDL with factory bottom metal and it never had an issue as a 7mm Mag. Only has 20 rounds through it right now, factory Hornady ELDM. Any ideas where to look for possible issues, or do I just load two in the mag and go from there?

Rebarreled a Rem 700 7mm Mag to 7 PRC. Having a bit of an issue with the first round out of the mag when 3 are in there after firing the round in the chamber. That first round wants to completely jump out of the magazine and turn sideways, essentially stove-piping. Doesn't do it with subsequent rounds from the magazine. This a 700 BDL with factory bottom metal and it never had an issue as a 7mm Mag. Only has 20 rounds through it right now, factory Hornady ELDM. Any ideas where to look for possible issues, or do I just load two in the mag and go from there?
The magazine carrier spring due to the fat cases.

I have a Model 700 in 7mm Rem Mag and it only handles 2 down in the magazine with one in the chamber. Putting 3 rounds in is waaaaaay too tight to work. Its a fat cartridge penalty! I would guess the 7mm PRC to be perhaps worse since the whole case is as fat as the belt on the Rem Mag version. Simple fix; just 2 down....

Think you need a 300 PRC or 300 rum mag box

I can see the fat cartridge making a difference, is the RUM or Wyatt's box wider allowing the cases to spread out and lessen the spring tension?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back