Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Theron Questa

Muskeez

Well, after looking at a lot of different binos in what I call the "mid priced" range of $400-$600 I believe I have found the best quality for the money for me. I looked at several styles at Cabelas several weeks ago and the only ones that I thought gave incredible clarity and full edge to edge in focus quality were the Swaros , and that was not happening in my budget. I left there thinking the Bushnells that I have will have to be good enough.
Then I got an offer from Pat at http://www.predatoroptics.com/, he offered to send me a pair of Theron Questa binos to try. After discussing my plans for usage of these binos he encouraged me to try the 8x instead of the 10x. I got the new binos to try in just a couple days. I have been playing with them as I am traveling for work and stopping at the roadside to glass with both my Bushnell and Questa.
Short distance and in the sunshine the Bushnells work just fine. Where I found the difference was in details. The Questa 8x is MUCH clearer than the 10x Bushnell. (I know , they aren't even in the same price range or quality class). But, I am able to see more detail at a distance in tree limbs, geese in a cornfield, etc.
The edge to edge clarity is absolutely amazing, and where I found them really shine is at sunset. They gather so much more light and when I look into shaded areas at any time of the day I can see a lot more detail inside those shadows. Hopefully this will make the difference in picking up a mule deer rack bedded in the shadows next month :D
So, end result, I am keeping the Theron Questa. The quality seems to be right there with every other $600 pair I tried and the clarity was superior in my opinion, and at the current sale price they are a MUCH better value. Plus the fact that IF I ever had a problem I know Pat would take care of it.
Thanks to everyone that gave me their opinions on my other thread. These really are some incredible glass in my opinion.
Also, note that the eye relief was terrific and I could view easily with my prescription glasses on.

I agree with everything you just said. I had a similar experience with Pat. Thanks for all the help, I will be putting them to good use very soon.

+1....snagged some 10x's for the SIL. If I hadn't already picked up the Fin Gold Ring 8x hand me downs would've made the same choice for myself.

....good review Muskeez.

I've had good luck using my Therons.For the money,I think they are great glass.Pats very easy to deal with as well.I did look thru some Zeiss at Cabelas that were really good too at $400.

The coupon code for $75 off is Questa on the predator optics website

I want to ask, are the Questa comparable to the Vortex Viper level glass? Better? I have some Vortex Talon HD 8x42 that have been terrific. I would seriously consider the Questa if it is that "next level" of glass.

I also have some Leica 8-12x42 Duovid Binos that are absolutely terrific, but they are a bit heavy. I don't expect the Questa bino to be that level, but if they are a significant level above my Talon HD (similar to Viper HD glass), then I may just do it for a christmas gift.

Thank you!

FH

I want to ask, are the Questa comparable to the Vortex Viper level glass? Better? I have some Vortex Talon HD 8x42 that have been terrific. I would seriously consider the Questa if it is that "next level" of glass.

I also have some Leica 8-12x42 Duovid Binos that are absolutely terrific, but they are a bit heavy. I don't expect the Questa bino to be that level, but if they are a significant level above my Talon HD (similar to Viper HD glass), then I may just do it for a christmas gift.

Thank you!

FH

Would like to revive this thread, was considering the vortex viper hd or leupold Mojave pro guide hd, but have been suggested the Theron Questas. Anyone got some newer updates as to how they compare?? They are a bit heavier, more like the euro glass specs, but that is probably a good sign. I am pretty sure the vipers will fit me well. However if I could save $75 bucks or so and have better glass why not?

Would like to revive this thread, was considering the vortex viper hd or leupold Mojave pro guide hd, but have been suggested the Theron Questas. Anyone got some newer updates as to how they compare?? They are a bit heavier, more like the euro glass specs, but that is probably a good sign. I am pretty sure the vipers will fit me well. However if I could save $75 bucks or so and have better glass why not?

You would be surprised at the optical quality. PM me and I can make you an offer that you light be interested in. Pat

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back