Sportsmen smear campaign

katqanna

Trashing Sportsmen: Influence Spurs Smear Campaign

I remember an article got posted here awhile ago accusing TU and TRCP as being front groups, receiving money from extremists groups.

Heres the source of an apparent campaign against conservation efforts by sportsmen.

It would appear that the energy and extraction industries are getting tired of the burgeoning influence sportsmen and women are wielding these days in the conservation arena, and they’re spending some money on a clandestine effort to besmirch a handful of nonprofit organizations that help give anglers and hunters a voice in today’s pivotal conservation debate.

And it’s pretty sleazy, honestly.

Last edited:
Hunting, fishing , and wildlife issues are an arena where citizens from across the political spectrum can organize and have an impact, hence , the stigmatizing and marginalizing labels.

Berman and his crowd are funded by a bunch of chickenshits. Too chickenshit to say what they want done in the cover of daylight. Right there tells me all I need to know.

Because of Berman and his jackasses, the Backcountry Hunter and Angler ad has been running on this site at no charge and it will stay here for quite a while longer.

Berman and his crowd are funded by a bunch of chickenshits. Too chickenshit to say what they want done in the cover of daylight. Right there tells me all I need to know.

Because of Berman and his jackasses, the Backcountry Hunter and Angler ad has been running on this site at no charge and it will stay here for quite a while longer.

Berman and associatesa re the guys who lobby sgainst drunk driving laws and for big tobaccoo. If we are to judge people based on their enemies, then the public land hunting crowd is truly kicking ass.

http://bermanexposed.org

Thanks Randy! BHA enjoys great support from industry folks and everyday hunters and anglers who understand the real issues facing our public lands hunting and fishing heritage. When BHA, Trout Unlimited, et al are the targets of hatchet-jobs by shadowy DC lobbyists, I think it's a good clue they are on the right track!

Guess who?

Date: February 3, 2015 at 10:26:23 AM MST
Reply-To: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Montana "Green Decoys" Exposed

Dear Representative Jacobson:

I wanted to draw your attention to a new website and video exposing three Montana “Green Decoys,” political groups that use sportsmen as camouflage for radical environmental agendas. Montana Wildlife Federation, Montana Hunters and Anglers, and Montana Sportsmen Alliance claim to represent sportsmen when discussing land use, energy and other policy issues, but they are really left-wing lobbying groups.

Knowing their agendas would not be well-received in Montana, liberal foundations are disguising their efforts by using the more politically conservative sportsmen community. Montanans should be wary of these groups that claim to speak for sportsmen while being funded by radical environmentalists and special interest groups.

Among our findings: Links to a Swiss billionaire and a foundation funded by a shady Bermuda entity, and an organization functioning “almost like a dark money group” using out-of-state cash to influence Montana elections.

You can hunt down the facts about these left-wing front groups at MontanaGreenDecoys.com. The Montana Green Decoys video, which offers a humorous take on the not-so-humorous attempt of fringe environmentalists to hide behind Montana sportsmen can be found here.

Sincerely,

Will Coggin
Director of Research
Environmental Policy Alliance

Among our findings: Links to a Swiss billionaire and a foundation funded by a shady Bermuda entity, and an organization functioning “almost like a dark money group” using out-of-state cash to influence Montana elections.

I wish, I'm our PAC treasure, and we have about $200 in the bank, and never even ran an add in the last election.

To funny, anybody that thinks this guy is credible is short on brain cells.

You can go on-line and see where our money comes from all of it's reported and comes from hard working sportsmen and woman of this state entirely.

I 'd like to invite Will Coggin for a tour of my garage and house...then take a tour of his.

Find out real quick who the green decoy is...and who is full of chit.

I hope the Bens are right. Really irritating to see some of the claims these asshats are making. Likely funded by the same asshats driving the bus on the public land tranfrer boondoggle ..

I hope the Bens are right. Really irritating to see some of the claims these asshats are making. Likely funded by the same asshats driving the bus on the public land tranfrer boondoggle ..

You have hit the ten-ring with that comment. Same dark money funders hiding behind the cloak of secrecy, same asshats swinging the hatchets, same fools drinking their Kool-aid.

You have hit the ten-ring with that comment. Same dark money funders hiding behind the cloak of secrecy, same asshats swinging the hatchets, same fools drinking their Kool-aid.

http://www.hatchmag.com/articles/trashing-sportsmen-influence-spurs-smear-campaign/7712361

Folow the money. Berman presents a nasty plan to the oil and gas industry to lie about sportsmen who want balance and this sack of skunk turds shows up.

As a friend in DC said earlier, if you're taking heavy fire, your on target.

Keep hammering.

The Montana Wildlife Federation is opposed to the sell off of federal lands and led the effort to ban game farms in Montana -- absolutely. We're proud of our sterling conservation record standing up for healthy wildlife, habitat and public hunting and fishing opportunity. I thank these phony front men for pointing out some of our 79 year conservation history.

Nick Gevock
conservation director

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back