Caribou Gear Tarp

Trail Cam Pics

WyOpitz

I set up a trail cam on one of the wells at my father-in-law's place in Wy. There are a couple of bucks I would love to get, one is a freak and the other is a nice 6x6 due to the double brow tines on each side. I have pictures of the freak from last year and he has pretty much doubled in size, maybe I'll give him one more year. lol! The last picture is of a deer from last year that I didn't see until recently. I think it has mange or something, sickly looking thing.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy. I always like seeing trail cam pics bc it never fails and you usually don't see them during hunting season. Hopefully have a bunch more pictures in about a month.

Attachments

• EK000079.jpg
    EK000079.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 711
  • EK000088.jpg
    EK000088.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 703
  • EK000113.jpg
    EK000113.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 699
  • EK000076.jpg
    EK000076.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 704
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 704
Nice looking bucks there, and what is with that last pic, that buck looks like it has seen some better days.

Interesting gene pool out there. What is in the water??? Great pics.

that last buck has been through the gauntlet it looks like. maybe 5 years ago he was a 180 buck, just regressed haha

The ears down remind me of all the dying bucks I saw around Douglas last year. I'm not sure what was going on but the ears down was a dead giveaway and a few days later I'd find them dead. Called the game warden but he never showed up as far as I know.

great pics. Some nice bucks in the bunch. left side of the one in pic 3, I think, may have had an injury at some point. The last buck, I'm guessing won't be around much longer . . doesn't look crazy skinny though??

They are pretty nice but I'm debating on letting them go another year. The big guy could use a little more mass. If the freak grows as much as he did this year he will be a giant next year. Just so hard to wait.

Interesting pics mate, are the tanks the only water source in areas like this?

Yeah, there is a creek about 2 miles away, but this is kind of the "sanctuary" for these deer since it is so far off the beaten path. They usually like to stay in that area, no reason to move anyways, except that the cattle are in there pushing them around now. We'll move them out in a couple weeks.

Some nice pics. For someone who'll never get to hunt out West, it's always interesting to see trail cam pictures of Mule Deer and Antelope.

Some nice pics. For someone who'll never get to hunt out West, it's always interesting to see trail cam pictures of Mule Deer and Antelope.

My heart sank a little when I read this. There is nothing like hunting in the Midwest, it is easy to do and well worth the experience. You just need to pack up and do it.

Back