Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

jryoung

Gentlemen (and lady lurkers if you’re out there),

I was wondering if any fellow Hunt Talkers would be interested in getting together for a hunt where we could step out from behind our monitors and swap stories over a campfire and shake hands instead of mouse clicks. Everytime I’ve gotten together with member of a forums I’ve participated in it has been a good time. There are many folks here that I’d love to meet and hopefully you share the same interest.

Now certainly hunting is a bit different in that we tend to hold our cards (areas) close to our chests. But, I’m hoping turn our seriousness about hunting down from eleven and get together for a few days and maybe shoot an animal or six. My initial thoughts are maybe a spring bear hunt in MT or an easy draw antelope hunt in WY. I’m guessing everyone might have a little bit more flexibility in the spring and a spring bear hunt might work out great.

I’m sure I’ll catch grief from the residents, but think of all the elk calves we can help save! I know there are many MT members here and many other non-residents that hunt MT so it seems like a natural location. Heck, you don’t even need to pay the tariff to hunt if you don’t want to, just show up for a couple of good days of camping and tag along out in the field.

Anyway, curious to know if anyone else would be interested.

Cheers,

J.R.

That's the obvious challenge, hopefully we could pick a general location allowing everyone a lot of opportunity to spread out far and wide to hunt. I know you MT guys surely have a handful of spots and there is a ton of land where we could try and avoid yours. ;)

We can all meet in Nirvana-tana once they get they corner crossing thing worked out.:D

We shall converge upon the great state of Montana and shall not leave until the blood from our butchery turns the mighty Missouri River red as it enters North Dakota!

That's the obvious challenge, hopefully we could pick a general location allowing everyone a lot of opportunity to spread out far and wide to hunt. I know you MT guys surely have a handful of spots and there is a ton of land where we could try and avoid yours. ;)

No worries on my spots, some are private and the rest are overlooked and you guys would never randomly pick them anyways. I think it's a great idea for those willing to travel. I would try to participate. I've had lots of fun hunting with my Hunt talk buddies over the years.

Hey NHY,have you got a sidecar for that bike yet? Pick me up on your way North.
Pretty sure my Big Butt would look real cute crow-bared into one.:eek:

this would be great, I should be a Montana resident by next spring and eager to meet some possible new hunting partners and Hunt Talkers in general.

I may be interested in a WY. lope hunt could be a lil more meat on the ground than an ole bear would love to meet some of the fellas here.

I would consider hosting a few days of early bird hunting. prairie dog shootin, and fishing.
Location, 9 miles south of UL Bend / Crooked Creek ramp.
Have to do it right before archery elk gets full swing.

Attachments

• IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 5,675
  • IMG_2769.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 5,656
  • IMG_3456.jpg
    IMG_3456.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 5,666
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts