Dr. Welner Was Able To Silence Them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesis273

This was on another forum and thought it was pretty good.
Dr. Welner was able to immediately disspell guns as the problem, and in all places...The View! :D The guy makes so much sense that these liberals that he is sitting in the midst of could do nothing but listen. I love the look on Whoopies face when he throws guns out of the picture. You could tell that they were about as uncomfortable as they could be! Loved it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyKvTn5BT5c

Best thing I've seen on "The View", but then I dont watch it ;)

But what he said does make sense

I was only able to see the first 60% or so. During the portion I saw I found the panel to be unexpectedly quiet and argumentative. I found the discussion to be much more classy than i expected from this bunch of people.

"What an ass-clown. Stopped watching it when he blamed the media."

JC---You seem to be good at naming people and I can't resist saying that the fact is that the real ass-clown made the post directly above mine!!!

Really,...

JC, do you really think there is no truth to the fact that the media attention and the devaluation of human life in video games has anything to do with these types of tragedies? In my opinion he is very close to the mark and even hits the edge of it... PARENTING!! While we can't control everything our children do, we have a huge impact on their thinking and values... hence the phrase,.. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. While this kid in Conn. may have had the perfect mother and she may have died trying to stop his crime, she MAY have let him play these crazy killing games as a child, and then when he had other mental problems he MAY have reverted back to that type of thinking.. it's just one theory, NOBODY knows what really happened and never will. BUT, we as parents and they as the media have to look at their role in the glamorization of this crime. Just sayn,...

He does put it back on us as individuals, taking responsibility instead of pointing blame on everyone else. It does start as parents teaching our kids to have empathy for others. Reminded me of a quote from Mother Teresa..."What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” He does talk about violent video games and how they can desensitize us or our children to the point that human life is nothing but points. "Some can handle it, some can not."

What he said was nothing but common sense, but very well spoken, and that is the reason that group that he was sitting in the middle of could do nothing but listen.

JC, do you really think there is no truth to the fact that the media attention and the devaluation of human life in video games has anything to do with these types of tragedies? In my opinion he is very close to the mark and even hits the edge of it... PARENTING!! While we can't control everything our children do, we have a huge impact on their thinking and values... hence the phrase,.. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. While this kid in Conn. may have had the perfect mother and she may have died trying to stop his crime, she MAY have let him play these crazy killing games as a child, and then when he had other mental problems he MAY have reverted back to that type of thinking.. it's just one theory, NOBODY knows what really happened and never will. BUT, we as parents and they as the media have to look at their role in the glamorization of this crime. Just sayn,...

She MAY have owned an assault weapon.

She MAY have HDTV high capacity magazines.

She MAY have taught him how to use them to kill 20 kids in a classroom.

Yeah, that MAY have been a tragic idea.

Keep the AR out of her house, a bunch of little kids MAY have been opening presents yesterday.

He does put it back on us as individuals, taking responsibility instead of pointing blame on everyone else. It does start as parents teaching our kids to have empathy for others. Reminded me of a quote from Mother Teresa..."What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” He does talk about violent video games and how they can desensitize us or our children to the point that human life is nothing but points. "Some can handle it, some can not."

What he said was nothing but common sense, but very well spoken, and that is the reason that group that he was sitting in the middle of could do nothing but listen.

Why do you think being a parent imparts some sort of wisdom?

I have seen just as stupid behavior from people with kids as those without kids.

Making a baby doesn't make you wise.

Why do you think being a parent imparts some sort of wisdom?

I have seen just as stupid behavior from people with kids as those without kids.

Making a baby doesn't make you wise.
What? :confused: No one ever said that being a parent required wisdom.
JC, are you a parent? If so, you just proved your point! :D
I can tell that this thread is about to go awry!

Last edited:
He MAY have used a home-made bomb, and wiped out the entire school if he didn't take his moms guns.... or he MAY have had a car wreck on the way to the school and not made it there,... a lot of things MAY have happened and MAY not have happened,... fact is, sin and death happen, all over the planet, every day, always have and always will. All we can do is do our best as parents and citizens. If you want to ban AR's, you are totally entitled to your opinion. Just don't expect much support from the home team,... you may be like a Red Sox fan at a Yankee game in this camp, but I expect you know that and kinda get a kick out of it anyway :). Most of all may God's peace be with the families of those effected in Conn.

"I haven't seen Whoopi that quiet since Ted Danson started wearing glasses."

***That is some funny chit right there, LOL!

"I can tell that this thread is about to go awry!"

***Doesn't every thread when JC spouts his BS!!!

Then tell me what salient points he makes.

1. The media artificially elevates murderers to celebrity status, with extreme emphasis and coverage.
2. The electronic gaming industry provides a venue which results in an abnormal "numbness" to the real horror and consequences of violence. (ie: even to the extent of "reward" for blowing away simulated human characters.)

'Just two of several salient points proferred by Dr. Welner. 'Too bad you did not see it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back