Boyz Drool - Part 2

ihuntelk

Here's a before/after pic of my 13 year-old daughter, McKenzie's, mulie hunt in Wyo this weekend. I'll post more pics tomorrow or tuesday. Sundays are always reserved for my Father, faith and family but it was so much fun on her hunt fri/sat that I had to get a quick post in. As usual, 11 year -old Paige assisted.

Kenz2012-11.jpg

Kenz2012-6.jpg

I'll try and post the rest the story this week in between my Wyo mulie and Wyo bull elk hunts...............

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

I love it. It looks like you are doing it right-congratulations!! Boyz do drool cuz most of them can't make use of simple instruction while the young ladies soak up knowlege like sponges!!

Well done on the hunt Cade, looks like a successful outcome and a pair of happy hunters that really look like they are enjoying themselves. Can't beat getting the kids involved in anything to do with the outdoors.
Hope you have a matching pair of gloves for your grip and grin photos for your hunts??

Pink penalty flags in the NFL and pink gloves on antlers on HuntTalk....very breast cancer aware today. Nice work McKenzie and Cade.

Awesome!!

Forget the college fund and start the taxidermy fund.

It's more fun watching them do it, than actually doing it yourself

Congratulations!!

Here are a few more pics from Kenz's hunt last weekend. Saw over 70 deer and she got to decide which one she wanted to shoot. I told her I'd pack any deer out of anywhere, but I wasn't the one who pulled the trigger. Any deer she was happy with, I was happy (ecstatic) with.

Kenz 2012-7.jpg

Kenz 2012-8.jpg

Found the buck she ended up harvesting with 6 does and 3 smaller bucks. They were still up and feeding at 8 that morning. We watched them bed down and took the pic from my first post. Kenz liked him but said she wanted a 4x4.

We backed out and left them alone in case we needed to come back.
Glassed up 3 bucks on the hill below over a mile away. We took a 2-track around to the backside of the hill and hiked out to where they were bedded. I peeked over the ridge and found 2 in their beds and 1 up feeding. I was trying to film and help her get set up with the rifle. About then, one turned around and looked up the hill at us 200 yards away. I knew he was a 25 inch 4x4 but didn't have time to look him over to tell anything else. About then, they were up and moving out. I glassed them cross a big sage flat and work their way to a canyon to bed in 1.5 miles away. He was a younger deer, so we weren't so disappointed that it didn't work out.

Kenz 2012-2.jpg
Paige found a couple sheds during our glassing sessions.

Kenz 2012-1.jpg
That eve, after looking over 15 different bucks, including a 28 inch 3x3 that I couldn't talk her into, we decided to go back and try and find the 3x4 from that morn. By now it was about 5PM. Sun set was slated for 6:15. Sure enough, we found him up and feeding with his does one canyon south of where we'd left them. The does were high up on the hill and he was 100 yards away from them feeding over a side ridge. As soon as he was over, we were in a big cut-out wash and out of sight of his does. After a 400 yard scoot, we could see where he had gone over the top. It took about 3 minutes to pick him out bedded in the sage. We got a position better to see most of him. I took off my pack and got her situated. I then went back to the video camera and hit record. By then she was comfy and told me she was ready. 1 shot from 216 yards and he never knew what hit him.
She also shot him with my Weaver 300 win mag. She has christened it on pronghorn, Whitetail and now mulies. I got to christen it on elk, but she says that since she's shot everything with it that it should be hers! Not too many 13 year olds with 4 species under their belts - elk, pronghorn, whitetail and now mulies!

Kenz 2012-3.jpg

Kenz 2012-6.jpg

Kenz 2012-5.jpg

Kenz 2012-10.jpg

It was an awesome day with my daughters and buddy Rhen with his family as well. We've still got her pronghorn hunt and will go next week for it. As always I should have taken more still pics, but the video is priceless. After she shot, I turned the camera on her. She started giving us the run-down at about mach 10. I asked her why she was talking so fast, to which she blurted, "because I'm so excited!!!!" It was really fun to show her mom when we got home.

Take your kids hunting, every chance you get!

The End!
Kenz 2012-4.jpg

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Awesome!!

Forget the college fund and start the taxidermy fund.

QUOTE]

Too funny. I actually discussed mounting it for her. Her mom asked us to stop and think long-term. "McKenzie, what will you do with it when you go away to college?" - was her first question. :rolleyes:
I blurted out "she'll take it with her and put it on the wall in her living room! What do you think she'll do with it?" ;)

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back