Romney/Ryan/GOP Platform: End Hunting in the West

JoseCuervo

Only took them one day in Tampa at the GOP convention to get Romney/Ryan and the GOP to agree that hunting on My Public Lands needs to end.

From this year's GOP platform:

Private Stewardship of the Environment (Top)
Experience has shown that, in caring for the land and water, private ownership has been our best guarantee of conscientious stewardship, while the worst instances of environmental degradation have occurred under government control. By the same token, the most economically advanced countries – those that respect and protect private property rights – also have the strongest environmental protections, because their economic progress makes possible the conservation of natural resources. In this context, Congress should reconsider whether parts of the federal government’s enormous landholdings and control of water in the West could be better used for ranching, mining, or forestry through private ownership. Timber is a renewable natural resource, which provides jobs to thousands of Americans. All efforts should be made to make federal lands managed by the U.S. Forest Service available for harvesting. The enduring truth is that people best protect what they own.

And, there you have it folks, your 2012 GOP stance on allowing you to hunt on My Public Lands. Let's just have one big Texas where we can all pay to hunt over corn-flingers.

Only took them one day in Tampa at the GOP convention to get Romney/Ryan and the GOP to agree that hunting on My Public Lands needs to end.

From this year's GOP platform:

And, there you have it folks, your 2012 GOP stance on allowing you to hunt on My Public Lands. Let's just have one big Texas where we can all pay to hunt over corn-flingers.

Let me get this straight. The official party platform says private land ownership has a better environmental record than public, so we should privatize the land so that it can be ranched, mined and logged? Unbelievable.

"reconsider whether parts" You seemed to have missed those three words.

Anybody would be better than Obama, but these guys are actually pretty good.

Tom,

What are "these guys" actually good at? No lover of Obama but I can't get excited over a wonk and a plastic man either. If the platform of the GOP has to include that language how can any serious hunter support such a position? You can't let the nose of the camel under the tent or soon no lands are safe.

I know things are different in Texas and Texans love their private, pay to play hunting but that is a non started for people who don't want to hunt pen raised deer under a corn flinger.

Nemont

It always amuses me when Democrats get all worked up about the GOP selling off public land. It's never going to happen, even if it is part of the "party platform." In any case, vote for Obama and his Marxist czars and left-wing cabinet...I don't really give a goddamn. My vote is going for Romney/Ryan.

"The enduring truth is that people best protect what they own." I agree 100% with that statement. So, maybe the thing to do is keep all the "renters" out Jose's public lands so that they don't trash the place.

It always amuses me when Democrats get all worked up about the GOP selling off public land. It's never going to happen, even if it is part of the "party platform." In any case, vote for Obama and his Marxist czars and left-wing cabinet...I don't really give a goddamn. My vote is going for Romney/Ryan.

Your ignorance is impressive....

Let's see, we have the Ryan Plan where he wants to sell My Public Lands.

We have Rmoney saying he doesn't even know why we have My Public Lands.

And, we have Romney/Ryan and the whole GOP saying we need to sell My Public Lands.

Yeah, Marxism is a real threat..... or is it a return to the Czars? Wait, wut??? I thought the Marxists were the ones that defeated the Czars, and now you combine them?

Be honest, you really don't care about My Public Lands, you really don't care about what our future generations of hunters have to hunt.

The repubs have enjoyed a lock on the sportsman vote for quite a while. Seems they are getting a little complacent.

What does this mean?

Our Republican Party’s Commitment to Conservation (Top)

Conservation is a conservative value. As the pioneer of conservation over a century ago, the Republican Party believes in the moral obligation of the people to be good stewards of the God-given natural beauty and resources of our country and bases environmental policy on several common-sense principles. For example, we believe people are the most valuable resource, and human health and safety are the most important measurements of success. A policy protecting these objectives, however, must balance economic development and private property rights in the short run with conservation goals over the long run. Also, public access to public lands for recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting should be permitted on all appropriate federal lands.

http://www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_America/

I'm confused. Will all the national forests be put on sale by the end of next January is Romney wins?

And I will cancel out your vote

Can someone please tell me why my public land near where I live is closed to hunting, walking on it, bird watching, etc.? I have a friend with an archery tag that sat there watching a big old antelope buck on our public land and can't hunt it.

Just because something is public land doesn't mean you can use it or access it. And like the president can get rid of public land????? Well maybe if your Tester you can get rid of the Grinnell Notch and give it to the tribe (more government land you can't access) but I would think he will need the approval of congress and a signature form the president??? It is no wonder why we divide the powers of government.

On a side note: there is 55,238,391 acres of government land in Montana alone. I think the problem lyes in using the public land that we have. Randy helps people figure out how to better use the huge public land gift that we have.

Romney will get my vote.

Jose, I probably was hunting on public lands before you were born. So, yes, I care about them.

And don't twist things--Obama has at least three dozen czars, most of them leftists.

whoever wins (and I think we will all be voting for what we each consider to be the least bad alternate) we need to keep the pressure on congress and the president. The main issue here is that we need to let these guys on both sides of the aisle know what is important to us. Either way we cannot go to sleep.

Jose, I probably was hunting on public lands before you were born. So, yes, I care about them.

And don't twist things--Obama has at least three dozen czars, most of them leftists.

And GW Bush had Almost 3 dozen, most of them ideologues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._executive_branch_czars

Regardless, Ryan has tried to eliminate public land holdings rather than agree to the super committee defaults that would have shared the sacrifice across the board, rather than put a lion's share of the burden on public land hunters.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/op...s-hunter-paul-ryan’s-budget-deserves-scrutiny

Bush isn't in this election...so what's your point?

I am still waiting to find out what the hell a Marxist Czar is, given that the Marxists were the ones involved in overthrowing the Czars. My guess is PZ doesn't have a friggin clue what he is talking about, and somehow thinks that hearing Hannity on Faux News railing about "Czars" is some sort of indictment on the Obama administration, despite Dubya using the same structure to manage.

But, please PZ, tell us all about how long you have enjoyed hunting on My Public Lands and how you have absolutely no responsibility to ensure my grand kids and great great grand kids will be able to enjoy the same.

With all due respect, For the "greatest generation", you all are a bunch of selfish pricks.

Jose, maybe the plan is to just take control of "Your Public Land" away from idiots like You!!!!!! I'd much prefer to see public land used for all Americans.

The FWS already denies hunting and access on millions of acres, so why not utilize those lands in ways that will benefit the actual people who own them. For your information, that's US, the citizens of the United States...........NOT you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, just for your enlightenment, not all private land is used for high fence operations and pen raised game in Texas, or any other state for that matter. Here in SC, there isn't a single high fence operation in the state, yet our public lands are guarded and operated under such strict guidelines that the average hunter isn't interested in jumping through the hoops to hunt any of it. There are regulations that exceed the state's own game laws on both state and federal lands.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back