Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wolf Rider in CR

we are in. Given that it's Simpson and Tester on the release, I'd say we can reasonably guess what it looks like.

They have until Thursday to sign it. House R's have already accepted the package according to politico.com. I'm extremely hopeful right now.

I hope this gets signed. Would love to have a wolf tag in my pocket this fall.

If this goes through and Tester does go down then he'll go down a martyr. Better than a lot of the republican squids on the wrong side

I wonder where the BGF/SFW crowd is now. Hard to hold one's tongue, knowing the crap that was going on behind the scenes the last six weeks. If this gets signed, there needs to be some "reckoning."

Will be time to celebrate, if this gets signed this week. And then find the best way to inform hunters of who is our enemy and who is our friend.

There are groups who made the wolf the political platform for their chosen candidates. They bet and in this instance, they lost.

Simpson has been treated very poorly by some of his fellow Republicans, and his own state caucus. Because he understands hunters and made progress on behalf of hunters, others have been vilifying him publicly and privately. The fringe groups want him gone, as he represents someone who works toward progress.

In this strange time of partisan bickering, a Republican and a Democrat came together and held the solid ground for hunters, as it relates to wolves.

I hope you Idaho guys give Simpson a lot of good PR and credit that he well deserves for holding his ground on this issue. Many of his fellow Republicans want him gone. If his efforts on wolves are indication of his willingness to lead when he is being pressured, he is one worth keeping.

Tester will be getting a lot of credit for the wolf issue in Montana. He was willing to work with Simpson, when the Senate majority was against a wolf deal due to pressure from the wolf plaintiffs, and many of his fellow Democratic senators were against him for trying to work with Republicans.

They both have done hunters, and the case of state's rights in wildlife management, a huge favor.

Now let's get this damn thing signed.

I'm surprised and extremely happy to see it survived. Hope it continues going forward. I'd love to be able to buy a wolf tag this fall.

I wonder where the BGF/SFW crowd is now. Hard to hold one's tongue, knowing the crap that was going on behind the scenes the last six weeks. If this gets signed, there needs to be some "reckoning."

Will be time to celebrate, if this gets signed this week. And then find the best way to inform hunters of who is our enemy and who is our friend.

There are groups who made the wolf the political platform for their chosen candidates. They bet and in this instance, they lost.

Simpson has been treated very poorly by some of his fellow Republicans, and his own state caucus. Because he understands hunters and made progress on behalf of hunters, others have been vilifying him publicly and privately. The fringe groups want him gone, as he represents someone who works toward progress.

In this strange time of partisan bickering, a Republican and a Democrat came together and held the solid ground for hunters, as it relates to wolves.

I hope you Idaho guys give Simpson a lot of good PR and credit that he well deserves for holding his ground on this issue. Many of his fellow Republicans want him gone. If his efforts on wolves are indication of his willingness to lead when he is being pressured, he is one worth keeping.

Tester will be getting a lot of credit for the wolf issue in Montana. He was willing to work with Simpson, when the Senate majority was against a wolf deal due to pressure from the wolf plaintiffs, and many of his fellow Democratic senators were against him for trying to work with Republicans.

They both have done hunters, and the case of state's rights in wildlife management, a huge favor.

Now let's get this damn thing signed.

What till you see the whites of their eyes...............HOLD...................HOLD.................HOOOLLLLLDDDDD..............................HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:D:D:D:D

I attended an Idaho Senate Resource committee meeting last week dealing with wolves. 60 people signed to speak - 54 against wolves, 6 for wolves. Of the six, they represented Defenders of Wildlife and Western Watersheds.

If this bill passes, Simpson will be a hero in Idaho.

Last edited:
Given Molloy's rejecting the settlement (which was a joke) a Congressional bill will now send a huge message to the enviro crowd about over reaching and manipulating the ESA.

Given Molloy's rejecting the settlement (which was a joke) a Congressional bill will now send a huge message to the enviro crowd about over reaching and manipulating the ESA.

Precisely. You don't always need a 375, especially when a .280 will do. There is no overreach with Simpson-Tester, which is why it moves forward.

I was hoping for language in a bill that went something like:
Where as wolves pretty much suck and everyone except idiots know they are recovered we solemnly declare all wolves to legally be hunted and managed by the states as they see fit and to be exempt from the ESA. Management money will be paid by federal funds coming from the states of New York, District of Columbia, and California to pay for biologist and all or any officials associated with and costs associated with managing wolves. States may not impose a tag or license fee for hunting wolves. Every hunter that harvests a wolf via the states individually determined quota will be compensated for ammunition involved in harvesting a wolf, reimbursement for all fuel used in the hunt and a $100(to be adjusted annually by inflation) gift certificate to Famous Daves. Furthermore, all people, environmental groups, associations, clubs, wolf worshippers, etc. that are put out by the said law and that don't oppenly support such law or opposed wolf hunts in the past will hear by pay restitution and forfeit all profits associated with clogging our court systems and abusing the ESA.

But, I'll take what I can get.

I was hoping for language in a bill that went something like:

This just in;

Reuters news service;

Congressional negotiators and budget writers are scratching their heads after they found a new line of legislation in the budget deal;

“From this day forward, let it be known that April 8, Budget deal day will be known as,

Bite me Don Peay day”, an un paid national holiday. :D

One of the groups that worked on the agreement was the Center for Biological Diversity.

"We went a long, long way down a difficult road to do that," said the center's Kieran Suckling, who considered Tester's action a betrayal of that process. "For Tester to push legislation on top of that is extremely disappointing and I think it's something that Jon Tester is going to regret for the rest of his short career."

That's really a funny statement. Who they going to vote for, Rehberg? That's about as dumb a statement, as I've heard.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...13585b3c8accf/MT--Endangered-Wolves-Congress/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back