Poacher gets a deservedly stiff sentence.

Hopefully it's a sign that someone's setting the bar where it needs to be.

Finally, Langton told Moen he would spend the next 30 days in the Ravalli County Detention Center. That portion of the sentence was to begin immediately.

Shaking his head, Moen blurted out: "How am I going to pay the fines?"

"That's not my problem," Langton replied.

"That's not justice," Moen said.

It was a consequence for breaking the law, the judge replied.

"We support the sentence," Royce said. "It is exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen."

That is classic... "That's not justice" I sure hope he takes that to heart and moves out of Montana...finds his version of "justice" ~ elsewhere. ;) I hear San Francisco is a proud town for justice. Haha! They ban McDonalds from "happy meals" with toys, yet illegal aliens are city level protected / embraced.

Life without hunting... now that hurts! Wake up poachers - smell the coffee. I hope this spreads - especially in the seeley area. I would be curious what percent of that population have been involved in poaching...

Nice! It'll be interesting to see what's going to happen to all those folks from Florida who just got charged with poaching a ton of animals east of Huntley. They've got plenty of money for a good defense. Hopefully they don't walk with only a few thousand in fines.

Back