Motivation for Nick and Ed

i think pictures tell the story well so i wont waste my time. Dont forget i got a little fishing in too....here are a few more pictures, enjoy and good luck

2010Alaska-114.jpg

2010Alaska-214.jpg

2010Alaska-338.jpg

2010Alaska-460.jpg

2010Alaska-546.jpg

2010Alaska-589.jpg

2010Alaska-228.jpg

Heres some more pics. Whats a hunting trip with wyodeerhunter without a little shed hunting involved? ;) BTW here is a shameless plug for mystery ranch. By far the best pack I've ever used. It feels the same on my back empty as it does with over 100 lbs in it. Worth every penny.

Last edited:
Nice photos. Keep posting them.

How hard was it to walk out in that flat stuff? Pretty solid, or not so much?

You have successfully ruined any chance I had at getting any more rest tonight.
It looks like you had favorable weather and good tactics. Placed in an area with good numbers of game, and ffffft-tag'em!
Interested in the number of caribou you saw.... small groups or singles? It also appears you fellas left the velvet on for the ride home at least, is it the plan to have them mounted this way? If so, how did you preserve them?
Are you all archers? If so you really set the bar high for me-I'll be hunting with a rifle and cannot be outdone by stick and string!;) Heck, even with rifles.
It is sooooo cool to see pics like this a couple of days before we go out. Normally I get the 'rained for 7 straight days never saw a bou' report.
I promise I will harvest an animal worthy of posting on this board-unless I get excited-but I'll still post it!!
Congratulations guys and thanks for ruining my early morning sleep cycle!

Nice photos. Keep posting them.

How hard was it to walk out in that flat stuff? Pretty solid, or not so much?

Pretty solid. The pictures lie, we were mostly in the mountains.

You have successfully ruined any chance I had at getting any more rest tonight.
It looks like you had favorable weather and good tactics. Placed in an area with good numbers of game, and ffffft-tag'em!
Interested in the number of caribou you saw.... small groups or singles? It also appears you fellas left the velvet on for the ride home at least, is it the plan to have them mounted this way? If so, how did you preserve them?
Are you all archers? If so you really set the bar high for me-I'll be hunting with a rifle and cannot be outdone by stick and string!;) Heck, even with rifles.
It is sooooo cool to see pics like this a couple of days before we go out. Normally I get the 'rained for 7 straight days never saw a bou' report.
I promise I will harvest an animal worthy of posting on this board-unless I get excited-but I'll still post it!!
Congratulations guys and thanks for ruining my early morning sleep cycle!

We saw small groups. But you will start to see larger groups on your hunt. The bulls were just starting to rub so you will probably see mostly hard antlered bulls. Wysdom and his brother are going to mount their bou with the velvet on. The taxidermists are going to inject preservative in them to save them. My rack is just going in the yard :D We are not archers, I wanted to take my bow but guess who waited till the last min to get a string? Yep, me.

Weather was so-so. Don't let that blue sky fool you. Up there it can be hot as hell during the day and cold as flip at night. Oh and did I mention wind?

Good luck take pics and use the flash on your camera!

OHHH YESSS... This is just what I needed. Thanks a bunch guys. Super bulls... exactly wwhat I want to end up with. Lets here more about your hunt... I have a few questions if you don't mind. Looks like there was 4 in your party... did you have any problems with the 50# supercub limit? How many days were you in the field? Did the caribou sightings get less as the days passed? Any grizz sightings or problems? We are driving from Anchorage. Any fishing or things to do on the drive or in and around Tok? We have an extra day to burn on the front end. Don't want to spend all my free time in the Alaskan Bush Company!!!

There are two of us and we have 8 days max scheduled in the field. Both of us are bowhunters. We are bringing one handgun, leaving the bear fence at home. Any tips, suggestions, advice, special equipment you had or needed... ??? Heading back out to my shop to finish packing... 5 days early... Ed F

Last edited:
OHHH YESSS... This is just what I needed. Thanks a bunch guys. Super bulls... exactly wwhat I want to end up with. Lets here more about your hunt... I have a few questions if you don't mind. Looks like there was 4 in your party... did you have any problems with the 50# supercub limit? How many days were you in the field? Did the caribou sightings get less as the days passed? Any grizz sightings or problems? We are driving from Anchorage. Any fishing or things to do on the drive or in and around Tok? We have an extra day to burn on the front end. Don't want to spend all my free time in the Alaskan Bush Company!!!

There are two of us and we have 8 days max scheduled in the field. Both of us are bowhunters. We are bringing one handgun, leaving the bear fence at home. Any tips, suggestions, advice, special equipment you had or needed... ??? Heading back out to my shop to finish packing... 5 days early... Ed F

Bowunter ill try and answer a few of your questions for ya. Yes there was 4 of us but we did end up paying for an extra gear load do to having some extra tents, good homemade food for snacks and things like a case of ritz crackers but probably not needed. We had packed for a ten day hunt and you should be able to put that in a big pack.Put binos and cameras around your neck for the flight in and get water when you get back there and you will be fine. I think we only ended up being out 4 days, we bear hunted for a few after the first day. We seen 4 grizz 2 from the air and 2 way across the canyon but never were a problem and never came to the gut piles. I was my first time up to Tok so i dont know what is around there really. Its a long drive and took up most of the day, we checked in then went and had dinner at Fast Eddies and called it a day. There are a few small lakes you could try and fish on the way up if you wanted to take your time or stop by matanuska glacier. The bou are always moving up there we seen alot move in and move out but i dont think you will have a problem getting on them. Good luck hope this helps and answers some of your questions.

Is that a go North young man point?

That looks way to much fun. Glad you spanks had a good trip.

Nice pics!, I like the Joe dirt hair, or was that the MTmiller younger years rip?

Wow, those pics tell a great story. Looks like a great time. Congrats on some great 'bou.

I'm not sure if we have more photos? Maybe indian larry could post a few more?

Last edited:
Back