Jake J.....how'd this season go?

T Bone

I know you're still hunting this year, but when you get a minute, please indulge us in some AK photos.

foto's?? humm lemmee see what i got laying around, i know i've posted some up here before but i'll just run thru the bunch that i've got....hang ten...

9'2" from western alaska in mid april
kenbear.jpg

nice stud wolf...
wolfone-1.jpg

9'2" from cordova in may...
IMG_1020.jpg

7'6" blackie in a creek in may...tough skinnin' there
IMG_1003.jpg

my first double, husband and wife took this 7'6" and 6' blackie at the same time, some cool video

pairblacks.jpg

two days later dumped this 9'11" monster tailing a sow, biggest interior bear i've ever taken.
jakecharlie.jpg

6'4" black bear same hunt the other client wounded a lost a 9' plus grizz...sad day
garyblack.jpg

not the pilots finest hour....everyone was ok, busted up my scope and bent my gun barrel though...
crashtwo.jpg

7' grizz in june...
bensgrizz.jpg

first color phase blackie i'd ever seen, took him at 60 yards, 6'4" boar
bensblack.jpg

7'8" grizz in late july, early july client put and arrow in one and we lost it...no good.
gregside.jpg

72 year old sheep client, hurt his foot so we hunted grizz for two days, T Bone you walked right over where this bear died, en route to the valley floor where you emptied a box of bullets...lol client got home, found out he had broke his leg, hunted two days and shot a grizz on a broken leg...man had a pair...
bobgrizz.jpg

late aug, 8' grizz on the first day...
tomsbear.jpg

heres the first goat of the season, in another thread in the goat section..
brokenskull.jpg

second goat of the season, small nanny on the first day, clients usually aren't into hikin' around on the mtn for several days, so the first white hairball they see gets coughed up...
joegoat-1.jpg

third goat hit the ground, and took a nice dirt nap just two days ago...another one day deal...goats the other white spot...
tomnjake.jpg

and that concludes this portion of the update...lol i've got two kodiak brown bear clients coming in on friday for the opener on the 25th, then a couple deer hunts on kodiak and one archery mt goat hunt for myself in early nov...so a couple more hunts and that'll wrap up the season.

forgot one, late sept grizzly, shot a blackie and lost it and killed the grizz all in the same day.

jakewdons.jpg

all in all a good season so far, wounded and lost a 9' grizz, 7' grizz, 6'+ blackie and had a client miss a wolverine 3 times...can't do anything about their shootin' i guess.

Damn that's a lot of nice looking bears. To o bad about losing a couple, that's never a fun experience.

Awesome stuff Jake!

Thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully the weather is friendly and the hunts safe for the rest of the season.

Holy crap. That is a big freaking wolf! And those bears! Wow! Some absolute monsters! I've got a whole new respect for both of those creatures now that I see how big they get...

oh btw jake awesome pics and I love the wolf!!!!!! Thats a dream for me. Probably the only animal i would ever go guided for just to increase my chances of getting one.

You're living the dream!!!!

great pics, thanks. but if a client wounds one, do you let them keep going? I know its hunting and anything can happen, I was just wondering....

SWEET!! Pics like these give me the hankerin' for a big bear hunt. Just wish the bank account and wife would agree!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back