MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho Deer ...about 14 hrs and counting

Moosie

Grand poopa
...and something should be laying DEAD !!!

We'll be at the Sourdough lodge tomorrow night for Dinner if anyone is around.

I'm sneaking up with my son O-town and my buddy Neil. Deadeye will be about a mile away and Wylee will be about 3 miles away. We're regrouping Sat night and I should be back Sat night for an Update...

.... Unless we're still packing my boys Deer out ;)

All packed up and signing out....................

good luck moosie...freaking soccer. Actually, my goal this year is to get whatshername a shot at a deer, if we do that, we'll be successful

Dang, another year not going deer hunting here in Idaho. I really need to get my daughter in hunter's ed so I have an excuse to take her out hunting.

Good luck to you and little 'O' on the deer hunt. I'm guessing he will probably shoot something bigger than his dad ever has........ :)

Well Boyz.... We had a GREAT time. But no Deer. There was 5 of us hunting. We took several different canyons spread out 8-10 miles apart. I went with Litle "O" and Neil and left about 2 hours before sun up to get in to where I thought we needed to be.... WOW. after 17.5 hours of being in the hills and covering a crapload of country, we saw 2 Doe's. Awesome eh :)

No one saw a buck. Nada, Nothing. Saw a couple Elk, no bulls though.... I keep saying every year I'm switching area's but never do. This year might be the deciding factor.

I'll be taking some time off (Of work that I'm not really doing ... *sigh*) and will put something down. It only takes some dedication..... Stay tuned in the following weeks :D :D

I was looking at Google earth and realized we went 600 vertical feet in the first .24 miles. Over the next 1.6 miles we went about another 1800 Vert. feet or so. 2400' for a 12 YO boy was pretty cool I thought. That, and the temperatures reaching below freezing and the only one Complaining was me..... made me proud of my boy :D :D

We stopped on the way out of town for a Typical Small dinner :

7021_1179502819728_1592898151_490703_1345166_n.jpg

Oscar and Neil on top of the World living life !!

picture.php

O-Town Happy to be out with Papa Moose :)

picture.php

For those that don't know how High 2400 vertical feet is. If you look in the background the Road in in the Bottom of the canyon. There is no Trail either. He did have to take a couple breaks on the way up... Or At least thats what I kept telling Neil because I wanted to stop ;)

Representing HuntTalk.com on his Beanie :

picture.php

Practicing to get the Gun up on Elk (Even though we were hunting deer)....

picture.php

Had a Great day I thought. No blood, but there is always Next week !!!

Last edited:
Cool photos, Mooseman. Looks like he had a good time. Good luck next week!

Moosie,

That looks like a blast. Your son is a trooper! That is some steep country.

Good times!!! Regardless of bringing anything home, I'm sure he'll be remembering that day for a long time.

Congrats to both of you on a successful hunt. O-town has the hiking genes in him like his old man.

Nice pics of some great father/son time. O-town must have the genes. I imagine he can skip along at 30mph carrying a pack and scope/tripod chasing down a running Oryx as well. :)

Very cool story Moosie. Hope season isn't over yet. Looking forward to more pics and stories as you and O go out more this season.

That was nice of O-town to carry your pack for you! Next time he'll get something bigger than a coon, I got faith in ya'll. BTW: I am sending O-Town a good luck charm for Good Luck!;) John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back