Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

new opening day for 2014 Indiana. . . . .

RUT JUNKEY

just got a little good news at lunch. . .I was told that the 2014 Deer season in Indiana will open on the second week of September for bow only ( with crossbow coming in on October 1st) this is something they have been talking about for a little bit. . .hope they stick to it. :D

I've read that the DNR is proposing that change. However I don't think it's been voted on or been made official. I'd like it, even though it can be hotter than Hades then as I'd like a shot a shooting a buck in velvet.

I've also heard they may be removing the rule regarding suppressors! That one would cost me some money...

I've noticed that several states don't have set dates for hunting seasons. That's something that's much different from SC, and many of the other Southern states. The deer season here in my game zone is and has always been August 15th to January 1st, with the occasional ending on January 2nd, if the 1st falls on a Sunday. The only seasons that change are migratory bird seasons, which of course are dependent on the Feds, and not the state. Our small game season always opens on Thanksgiving day and runs until March 15th, when Turkey season opens. Luckily, in my game zone, we also don't have different seasons for archery, black powder, and shotgun/rifle, although a few of the game zones in the upper part of the state do. Those game zones don't have the deer numbers that we have down here, and they also have limits on the number of bucks they can kill, as well as no baiting and no dog running for deer.

The deer season down here, is the only benefit to living in an otherwise crap hole of a county that I happen to reside in!

well. . .maybe next year. They didn't approve the new dates for opening archery season or a traditional only muzzleloading season for the upcoming seasons. I knew it would be too good to be true with the archery season thing. . .I just don't want to hear anyone bit** about all of the crop damage and deer/vehicle accidents anymore though. . . 1pt, looks like our velvet buck trophy will have to wait. LOL

RJ, Looks like mama decided we are coming home for Thanksgiving this year .....poor me, guess that means I will HAVE to hunt firearms season :) As nice as being out here in CO is I LOVE being at home in the hardwoods in November!! I will certainly try to do my part for population control!!
If I am lucky I will get to hunt Kosciusko and Steuben Counties.

I was hoping for something velvet other than my slippers... ;)

Have you heard if they have OK'd suppressors? I've heard that they have, but in some limited searching haven't seen anything official.

I was hoping for something velvet other than my slippers... ;)

Have you heard if they have OK'd suppressors? I've heard that they have, but in some limited searching haven't seen anything official.

Ive got nothing on the suppressors yet. I'll make a call after bit, but, man was I hoping for that extended bow season!!! :(

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back