Caribou Gear Tarp

Official Wyoming Draw Results available.

I was curious if anyone did draw with second choice in the Special.

I got a general tag (and my first preference point) in the special draw as my second choice. And very happy too. Travelling from New Zealand is going to be an adventure of a lifetime, which I plan to do more than once :)

I'm still confused , the stats say 669 applied for 1st choise nr special gen tag in the random draw with no points , did all of those 669 get the tag ?

Last edited:
Think Randy is right about people burning their points.They did it last year as well,and made odds go down.I really like my odds for next year now.I didn't enter this year due to hunt in Alaska taking a lot of my time.That rise in 1st choice special draw applicants is amazing.

at least the NRs can be thankful that Bill 149 that WYOGA was pushing and that would have reversed the 60/40 to 40/60 percentages for NR elk, deer, and antelope tags failed in the Legislature on the third reading yesterday!

Good News!!!!

Point creep

With all of these guys burning points, will this help with the point creep? It seems like this could help guys draw units with less points next year.

I'm on pins and needes for my antelope tag now. Our unit was 100% draw last year in our pool, hopefully odds will still be decent even with more people burning points.

I don't mind changing fall plans based on draw results, but I've got 2 guys coming out with me on their first hunt out west.. want to give them something as close to a slam dunk as possible.

Thanks for that wapitibob. Intersting to know those odds, I assume with no preference points. Im very happy to get a tag as a 2nd choice, and also to have a point!

Thanks for that wapitibob. Intersting to know those odds, I assume with no preference points. Im very happy to get a tag as a 2nd choice, and also to have a point!

Bob may correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that once you get to the 2nd choice drawing, preference points have no effect on your odds.

Bob may correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that once you get to the 2nd choice drawing, preference points have no effect on your odds.

I think Kiwi means since he drew a GEN tag as his second choice, he was also able to aquire a point this year.

I'm looking at applying for a WY general elk tag. Last year I won this tag as my second choice in the special draw, at 51% odds.

If I use my preference point in the special draw this year the odds will be 100% I believe. What are your thoughts about the odds as a second choice? About the same as last year at 51%?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back