Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2015 CO bear

rfishbone

Good evening all,

I am not very good at the story side so just wanted to share some pics of the bear I took at the end of Sept in Colorado. I know the pics aren't great but light was going away fast and he was on a very steep mountain side.He measured 78" long nose to tail and 64" girth. Game ranger said he was the biggest bear he had heard of so far this year in CO as of Sept, 19. I am not sure if that still holds or not but either way I am very glad to have gotten him. I wish you all a great hunting season. Having trouble getting pics to load, I resized but keeps saying it timed out so I will keep trying.

Attachments

• 21589653362_4f3db5873a_o.jpg
    21589653362_4f3db5873a_o.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 612
  • 21413161558_5330cb10c5_o.jpg
    21413161558_5330cb10c5_o.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 603
Congrats, were you specifically hunting bear, or did you have a tag while hunting deer or elk? I really have to figure out how to just bear hunt

Congrats, were you specifically hunting bear, or did you have a tag while hunting deer or elk? I really have to figure out how to just bear hunt
Jorgy, I had a bear tag only. My hunting partner had one last year and I had an elk tag but this year we both just went specifically after bear. Thanks for the congrats!

I was going to add that this was DIY. My hunting buddy and myself just have hunted this area for a few years and we eyeballed some pockets with berries and acorns in high meadows on google earth that we thought would hold bear and got lucky and it paid off. Also since people often ask I shot the bear with a 30-06. It is nearly impossible to scout considering I live so far away so google earth has became my friend.

Congrats fishbone, that's a great looking bear. I took my first bear ever this year in Nevada. I just wish we could hunt them every year. In Nevada once you draw a bear tag you must sit out five years. What a bummer!

That's no fun but I am sure there is good reason behind it. Bear hunting is very enjoyable and I look forward to doing it again. Thanks to you all for the kind congrats

Great bear!

Oklahoma huh. I'm pretty sure I know where you were hunting... And if you were in the same Oklahoma truck I saw throughout September... YOU COVERED A LOT OF GROUND!

If not, still a great bear and congrats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back