Duck hunting Louisiana 2014

I make oil

Hello all. New member here. Thought I post up some of our ducks from this year. I have a house boat at the Atchafalaya Delta WMA and we do all of our hunting on public land.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 702
I'm posting from an iPad and for some reason it only lets me post one picture at a time. If I try to post more the system replaces my first picture with the last?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
These where early teal season. Have to love duck hunting in shorts. It was in the 80's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 678
Duck hunting is usually wet, dirty and cold so I don't often get action shots. Most of my pics are of the bag at the end of the day or while scouting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 669
The area I hunt is tidal so it's important to keep up with tidal movement and be ready to go while there is still enough water to do so. I hunt from an Excell boat with a Prodrive mud motor. But even so things can get pear shaped quickly. Here is a picture of my youngest son picking up decoys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 667
Great pics! Looks like you get plenty of shooting in! I need to get some gumption and give waterfowl more attention. Well done.

Let's hear some recipes. In my experience you guys down there know how to cook fowl.

Oh and good hunts. Looks like fun

I'd like to try Louisiana sometime. Next year heading to Missouri to try the rice fields, and hopefully get a Crack at a speck.

Nemont, I usually cook ducks 3 ways. In a Gumbo, smothered in onions over rice or on the grill stuffed and wrapped with bacon. The Gumbo is without a doubt my favorite. I'm not much of a recipie writter. I just add ingredients until it looks, smells and tastes right.

skimerhorn if you want a speck drop me a line. I'm planning on a few conservation hunts after the regular duck season. I can get you a good price on South Louisiana rice field Goose hunt.

Any members looking to make a trip to Louisiana drop me a line. I'll do what I can to ensure you have a memorable experience. I always enjoy sharing the real Louisiana lifestyle.

I make oil, Awesome pictures. I have an Uncle in Amelia LA, My aunt just passed away and I'm going down to Morgan City next week for a Funeral. I was a Coona$$ as a kid and Gumbo and Gator is in my blood !!!! I now reside in Idaho, polar opposites but I love it up here,

There is another guy that posts here DraftStud. ? He's more in North central LA. I'll relay him over to this post. You killed a great bunch of birds, Congrats !!!!

If you are in the Morgan city area I would love to talk hunting with ya over a lunch or something ?? I was planning on coming down 2nd season for birds this year but the death took it out of the running.

I'll be down there next year Fo sho !!! Thanks for posting the pictures !

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm in Africa until Jan 7th. When are you leaving? I'd be glad to meet up for lunch and stories. If your ever down When I'm home I always have room at my camp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 495
Very cool pics:) Do the ducks seem extra fat this year. I had a cord field go down this year and had to take it out early. Lots of corn on the ground. They fed out there for a month and a half by the thousands. We laughed that the hunters down south would be wondering why the ducks are so this year:D
What's you doing in Africa?

Captain coot I work in the oil field as an operations manager for a mid sized oil company. By the way Coot's are one of my favorite birds. :)

I'd love to see what you described. All those birds in one place, I imagine the noise is deafening.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back