Proof of sex

I think it possibly is legal...but the question is why pack a complete head when you can leave an ounce worth of other evidence?

I'd hate to be a warden...

In your example, you do not need to have evidence of sex "attached" to the carcass or a part thereof. The parts need to "accompany" the animal.

I just went thru that scenario in Oct with 3 wardens at a check station. Antelope "parts" in a baggie with the tags. "visible external sex organs, head or antlers", any of the three will qualify.

Last edited:
... you do not need to have evidence of sex "attached" to the carcass or a part thereof. The parts need to "accompany" the animal.
In Montana the law reads, "Evidence of an animal's sex and species must remain naturally attached..."

I once had antelope parts in a baggie with tags and received a "warning" ticket, after adamantly arguing for clean and hairless meat. No longer do I bag evidence separately because others lately have been fined.

That's good to know that the evidence doesn't have to be attached (in Wyoming). I didn't realize that this year when we had 4 doe antelope down 1 1/2 miles from the truck. We left the parts attached, although I didn't want to, due to the hair, but mostly it was the milk that could potentially leak out all over the meat that I didn't care for. Maybe it wouldn't affect the meat, I don't know, but I'd just prefer to have the meat totally clean. If I knew I could've just cut off those parts and put them in zip loc bags, I would have done that for sure. It would have saved a little time as well.

Next year I may consider keeping the head instead. Yes it will take up a little more space but I think my kids might like to see the heads when I get home. This year they were excited when I got home to see all the animals we had killed, and were pretty disappointed when all we had was three large ice chests full of meat. :D

I have been hunting multiple western states a year the last couple seasons and the regulations differ a little state to state so I just take the most restrictive regulations and then do what would make me legal under those regulations no matter what state I'm hunting.

There are a number of posts about proof of sex, blaze, etc. Learn how to and get in the habit of keeping a sex organ attached to the hindquarter, this is very easy even if you are boning out everything. When skinning be careful to leave tissue attaching a sex organ to the meat then if you make a single cut from the ball joint to the end of the femur, you can peel the muscle way from the bone. Done correctly you are left with the hindquarter as a single piece of meat + proof of sex. I mark this game bag with a zip tie so that if I get checked I don't have to yard sale all my bags of meat.

I also recommend:

Taking every scrap of meat you can, rib, neck, brisket, etc.
Taking a picture of the carcass when you are done.
Wear a solid blaze vest + hat, during any rifle season
Cut/sign/etc your tag immediately upon walking up on your animal, tag a picture of your signed/cut tag on the pre-butchered animal
Put zip ties in your kill kit, once boned-out attach your tag with a zip tie to the rear quarter with proof of sex, and per above mark that bag

This is a bit over kill for some states, but the last thing I want to do is have trouble with law enforcement.

The profession of the webcam model http://myteenwebcam.com is becoming more and more popular every day and this is not surprising! In order to succeed in the webcam business, it is not at all necessary to have stunning parameters, Angelina Jolie’s lips, Pamela Anderson’s breasts, Megan Fox’s nose. It is enough to have the skill to communicate correctly, harmoniously, seductively and skillfully play around any situation that arises when communicating with clients in an online chat. Good fantasy and ability to get used to the image come in handy for this.

Did I miss something?

Kids these days even getting their strippers on the internet. Just wanted to be included in a thread stared years before I became a member.

The profession of the webcam model http://myteenwebcam.com is becoming more and more popular every day and this is not surprising! In order to succeed in the webcam business, it is not at all necessary to have stunning parameters, Angelina Jolie’s lips, Pamela Anderson’s breasts, Megan Fox’s nose. It is enough to have the skill to communicate correctly, harmoniously, seductively and skillfully play around any situation that arises when communicating with clients in an online chat. Good fantasy and ability to get used to the image come in handy for this.

I stopped at the game check station two years ago with the meat from an antelope. The guy checking said all I needed was the head, which I left in the field because my father-in-law told me I didn't need it. It was my fault for not reading the regulations myself, but my FIL has been hunting antelope in WY for 40 yrs, so I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

Bottom line: as of two years ago, you just had to have the head in the same vehicle as the meat (not attached).

I have a bunch of kids. Is that proof enough?
Only if proof of a DNA match accompanies the child and the father.

I’ll let you figure out how to apply the definition of accompany is in this case - might need a new thread though . . .

Back