OYOA Mascot Caliber Progress

noharleyyet

Getting there has been slow. After spraying 140 Accubonds and CoreLocts, the new Montana 7-08 finally showed some consistency with 140 TTSX @ 100 yds.

50.5 Superformance, CCI 200 primer, 2.80 COAL Average MV 2890

Gonna lighten the trigger a bit & send info to Leupold for the etched dial.

Last edited:
Corelokts averaged 2801.....Accubonds avg'd just under 2900....gonna hold off ordering the dial and try some different powder.

I've been fighting the same battle with my .280 build Ken, except I'm using 140 SGKs and RL-17. I was hoping to get a respectable grouping trend out of 7 different progressive powder weights before playing with seating depths but the best I've gotten so far is 1.712" and that's with the hottest load (at max).
The RL-17 is new to me so I'm going back to the IMR4350 and run the same routine just for drill.

Looks as if you got yours dialed in pretty well.

Is anyone finding 7mm 140 gr Nosler Accubonds anywhere?

All the 140 gr Accubond talk on here has had me curious, so I've looked for them in every sporting good store I've been in the past 6 months. Of probably 10 different stores, Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla, AK is the only place I saw a box on the shelf. Yes, a single box. I should have bought it and donated it as an OYOA raffle prize.

NYH, the red book shows excellent accuracy and velocity with 44.5 grains of W748 and Nosler 140 gr. E Tips/Accubond bullets and CCI primers in RP cases.

If you're having issues finding Nosler bullets, try Gunbot.net. You can usually find whatever you are looking for on there.

Have just about depleted the few accubonds I had & the 50 I found...have a 100 on backorder going on 6 weeks. I use 140 TTSX in a 7 mag so had a few and have 100 more coming. Really wanted to be plus/minus 2900 fps MV w/ the Noslers...which might be my problem. Gonna try IMR4350 this weekend. Accubonds will eventually show up

The penciled barrel Montana definitely needs ample cooling between shots...2 shot strings worked ok with factory fireforming but a third w/out waiting 3-4 mins flew. Hornady Superformance factory 139 gr SST showed good speed and decent (not great) accuracy.

Jury's still out on the Kimber....initial impressions; definitely needs trigger adjustment, blind mag box could be a tad longer, barrel is very thin but shouldn't be a problem for for hunting applications, incredibly light, fit and finish excellent..nice rig if I can solve the boom science and discipline trigger pressure.

Thanks Dan..looks like gunbot shows no stock either.

My Tikka 7mm08 is also flinging Accubonds all over. I am on my 3rd and final powder, if this doesnt group I will be trying another bullet. IMR 4350 and Varget so far, have some IMR 4064 to try so we will see.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back