Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bigger camera lens

16225355938_6a5a252a7c_b.jpg

Just messing around with a new host site. This was taken with Sigma 120-300 2.8 w/1.4 tc

Nice photo! What host site are you using?

Last edited:
I just started using Flickr. I always used Photobucket in the past, but recently they seemed to compress too much in my opinion.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130962485@N04/

I am not using a full frame yet. Looked hard at the D610, but couldn't pull the trigger. Kinda poor now that I purchased a 500 f4.

I too switched to Flickr from photobucket due to the crappy compression. Flickr is much better.

I hear you on the $$. They aren't giving this stuff away. My father in law has been at it for 3+ decades and his gear bag has over $20k invested in it including 2 ff bodies. I hope I've made it clear to him who should get that it in his will. I can dream.

I hear you on the $$. They aren't giving this stuff away. My father in law has been at it for 3+ decades and his gear bag has over $20k invested in it including 2 ff bodies.

The 6D is probably the cheapest way to get into full frame that we will see for a long time. (There is still the film option though!)

I was really hoping that the 7D refresh would be more substantial, along the lines of the 5DS introduction (new sensor, etc) instead of just a handful of incremental upgrades to the 7D.

The 6D is probably the cheapest way to get into full frame that we will see for a long time. (There is still the film option though!)

I was really hoping that the 7D refresh would be more substantial, along the lines of the 5DS introduction (new sensor, etc) instead of just a handful of incremental upgrades to the 7D.

I have a friend that makes a living doing bird in flight shots. He has gotten some amazing shots with the 7D mk II and the new 100-400 mk II and a 1.4 extender. The autofocus will work on that body with that lens plus a 1.4 extender. The gen 1 gear wouldn't do that. I really want all of the above. Want is the key word!

I have a friend that makes a living doing bird in flight shots. He has gotten some amazing shots with the 7D mk II and the new 100-400 mk II and a 1.4 extender. The autofocus will work on that body with that lens plus a 1.4 extender. The gen 1 gear wouldn't do that. I really want all of the above. Want is the key word!

It is all about what you need it for. You and your friend have different needs than I do. Personally I didn't find the 7D mk II that compelling. Others seem to have a different view on it. ;)

It is all about what you need it for. You and your friend have different needs than I do. Personally I didn't find the 7D mk II that compelling. Others seem to have a different view on it. ;)

Couldn't agree more. I'll take one of everything please!

I keep looking at the 6D pretty hard. I keep coming back to it being a "want" though. I had a 5D when it was first released and I just didn't use it like I should have. I should just bite the bullet and get a G16, easier pill to swallow but still enough camera to have a lot of fun with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back