bow for 4 yr old and up

Baerman

Anyone have recommendation for a small compound bow that would fit a 4 yr old and be usable for a couple years or longer?

I found out my son is right handed...and left eye dominant, so I'm going with the Diamond Infinite Edge goes from 5-70 lbs. and it comes in right or left handed. Not cheap...but at least it will last him awhile, and you're able to make those adjustments yourself on the pull. You may have more options with right handed only bows though too.

My boys shoot a Mathews Mini Genesis. They started at 4 and my 7 yr. old will shoot it for a 2-3 more years. It is a bullet proof little bow. I encourage him to let the other kids in his summer archery class shoot it as it is a better bow than what is provided and I have no worry about anyone hurting the bow.

I'd second the Genesis. Great bow for starters. When he gets to the age of being able to hunt with a bow you can get him one that has adjustable draw lengths and poundage. It's amazing how much adjustment range they have as kids grow. I got my son a Mission bow for that purpose in his younger years.

I found out my son is right handed...and left eye dominant, so I'm going with the Diamond Infinite Edge goes from 5-70 lbs. and it comes in right or left handed. Not cheap...but at least it will last him awhile, and you're able to make those adjustments yourself on the pull. You may have more options with right handed only bows though too.

good point. i need a left handed bow. thanks for the info!

I bought my son a Bear Brave III (don't waste your money) because he was right handed. Since then I discovered that he his strongly left eye dominant. The Infinite Edge or Bowtech Fuel will be his next bow. I like the idea of a bow with enough adjustment they can go from a little kid to adult hood using the same bow. That said, the Fuel doesn't adjust down low/light enough for a 4yo...

The mini genesis is a great bow. I've bought a half dozen of them for our church program. My daughter has been shooting one since she was 4.

My wife and I started the church program about 4 years ago. We average 150 kids a week. Some of the bows have had thousands of arrows put thru them. They've been dropped, twisted, torqued and everything else and they have held up very well. Plus you can get cool colors.

My daughter shoots a mini-Gensis and my son shoots the Genesis. They are very good bows.

I'd recommend putting a whisker brisket arrow rest on the bow to hold the arrow in place. the rest that comes with the bow is not a full containment rest and kids sometimes have a hard time keeping the arrow on the rest.

That mini genisis looks like a good starter bow for sure and it comes left handed.

Am I able to mount a sight, whisker bisket and quiver on it? His favorite color is blue so the fact that i can get it in blue is a bonus!

I'm also looking for a bow for my little one who's a small 4.5yr old. Something to get him till he can shoot the diamond razor edge (30-60lb) that his brother currently shoots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back