Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nonresident OTC near Swan Valley?

mtmuley

I will be spending a lot of time working in Swan Valley until the first of the year. I have picked up Idaho regulations and am studying them (and everyone says Montana is hard to comprehend). Looks like I need to hope for any leftovers and apply by 8-5 or buy OTC on 8-25. Am I on the right track? Also, are there normally any leftovers available near Swan Valley? I'm just looking for a cow tag as I know I am too late for the initial draw. Thanks, mtmuley

You can buy a 'B' tag in the Palisades or Tex Creek zones and hunt general around Swan Valley. Bulls is approx Oct 15-21 and cows runs from the 22nd to about mid November. This link shows you how many tags are still available.
https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/license/nonresidentTagAvailability
It's not showing Palisades or Tex Creek so I'm ASSUMING that there are enough tags left that IDFG isn't worried about them selling out. Might have to call the regional office in Idaho Falls to get confirmation on tag #'s.

There is a set # of tags set aside for Non-residents. If they are not all sold out by early August then a resident, or non-resident, can buy a second tag for $299 and harvest a 2nd animal.

You'll be limited to the units in the 'Zone' you choose. I haven't looked at the controlled hunt cow tags to see what's available. The controlled hunts must be bought by August 1 or they go back in another draw or are sold - first come, first serve. I can't remember but I don't think there is a reduced price for cow tags. Might not be a bad option to just buy the general zone tag and have an option for a bull as well.
Hope this helps..............
-Cade

You can buy a 'B' tag in the Palisades or Tex Creek zones and hunt general around Swan Valley. Bulls is approx Oct 15-21 and cows runs from the 22nd to about mid November. This link shows you how many tags are still available.
https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/license/nonresidentTagAvailability
It's not showing Palisades or Tex Creek so I'm ASSUMING that there are enough tags left that IDFG isn't worried about them selling out. Might have to call the regional office in Idaho Falls to get confirmation on tag #'s.

There is a set # of tags set aside for Non-residents. If they are not all sold out by early August then a resident, or non-resident, can buy a second tag for $299 and harvest a 2nd animal.

You'll be limited to the units in the 'Zone' you choose. I haven't looked at the controlled hunt cow tags to see what's available. The controlled hunts must be bought by August 1 or they go back in another draw or are sold - first come, first serve. I can't remember but I don't think there is a reduced price for cow tags. Might not be a bad option to just buy the general zone tag and have an option for a bull as well.
Hope this helps..............
-Cade

Does that mean, in theory, someone could harvest two bulls in Idaho? Or would the second tag be strictly cow/calf?

Two bulls if you can find em. You can also buy a 2nd deer tag and harvest 2 bucks. I know a few guys that buy a bull tag for the archery season and a 2nd tag for the rifle hunt.
Here's their latest Release about lowering tag prices for the 2nd tag. https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/tagdiscount

It used to be full price but lack of sales have driven the price down................
-Cade

ihuntelk, Thanks for the info. Spot on for what I was looking for. I just might roll the dice and try to buy a tag. mtmuley

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back