MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Your Biggest Fish...Lets See Them!!!

Beartooth83

I haven't seen a thread for the biggest fish of your life, so here it goes...

I'll start this off by saying that this is THE biggest photo op mistake I've ever made. I am the guy on the right, (not holding the 73# king that I caught) The guy holding the fish is Judd, the guide. I, for whatever reason, never got a picture of myself holding the biggest fish I'll probably ever catch. I got all caught up in the excitement of the fight, the discussion with the taxi guy, then finally cutting it up into massive fillets, etc...that I never took a picture with the fish. Anyway, this male is on my wall now...a catch I'll remember for the rest of my life.

2004 Kenai River King - 73 pounds

Attachments

• king.jpg
    king.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 823
My wife and I have a running joke....well not so much of a joke anymore, but whenever we go fishing she always, always catches the bigger fish. Doesn't matter if it's trolling or mooching for salmon, bouncing off the bottom for rockfish, fly fishing for trout or drifting for trout.

That said, I have no complaints, maybe I should take her elk hunting.

Last weekend on the Pacific.
10502182_10203014742584240_3949263489595785568_n.jpg

Two weekends ago on the Jefferson in Montana.
10509713_10202962130868980_4583940496706869691_n.jpg

I would have to do some searching to find a field photo. It is not nearly as big as some on here but it was fun to catch. Right at 18lbs from a smaller reservoir in north central Montana 24 years ago. I think I paid $175 for the taxidermy. I imagine it would cost a little more now a days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 696
Unfortunately no one on the boat had a camera or photo capable phone at the time so I'm substituting someone else's photo for the 46", 47 # red drum I caught a couple of years back.

Attachments

• Nice drum.jpg
    Nice drum.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 638
45" northern

I caught this 44 7/8" ( I couldn't squeeze out 45" on the tape) literally right on the U.S./ Canadian border while I was about 25 miles back into the boundary waters in Minnesota. It's not my biggest fish, but it's definitely the biggest "trophy".

Attachments

• Chuck's big northern.jpg
    Chuck's big northern.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 680
My biggest fish ever is the Blue Marlin I caught fishing off the back of a Landing Craft Medium (LCM) near the coral atoll of Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands, 7 degrees north of the equator in the South Pacific.

Kwalalein005 (2).jpg
Kwalalein001(2).jpg

Seems like the truly giant ones are the ones that get away, but I think of "big" as relative to the species and size of the fish relative to tenacity. I've caught heavier fish than this, but I have never experienced as tremendous a battle as I did with this little Central American blue.
-Cody

Last edited:
Wife and I tag teamed this guy in on our honeymoon in Cabo. 9'3" Blue Marlin
38932_1353955982779_7043580_n.jpg

ChilliwackBCFishingOctober2006028.jpg

This is a fish we caught in Canada. All of us helped reel it in. We caught another one about the same size as well as one about six feet long. On the same trip, I caught this salmon also.

ChilliwackBCFishingOctober2006013.jpg

This one goes back a few years, 20 years ago, great fishing trip with my dad and brothers. It's a terrible cell phone pic of a faded-out photo in our office. Looking at it makes me realize we need to get the photo restored, I need to lose weight (that's a lighter me in the blue jacket by the biggest fish - mine of course) and most of all - I need to fish more!

Attachments

• '94Halibut.jpg
    '94Halibut.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 375

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back