Idaho Bull

Another good thing about goats vs. horses. They don't break your foot if they step on you.

I missed this thread.... I have 3 goat's that i'm training, most goats are either pack goats or not, after about a year it's pretty easy too tell.... congrats on the bull, at least you got the goats when they are older, mine are still only 10 months old, still got 24 months too go till they can efficiently pack,
Matt

I too missed this thread. Good bull and interesting methodology. Thanks for the write-up and pictures.

I missed this thread.... I have 3 goat's that i'm training, most goats are either pack goats or not, after about a year it's pretty easy too tell.... congrats on the bull, at least you got the goats when they are older, mine are still only 10 months old, still got 24 months too go till they can efficiently pack,
Matt

Share some stories and pics once you get them out this summer and next fall. If you can try and take them out this fall to get them hiking in the woods and being around some kills and blood.

Share some stories and pics once you get them out this summer and next fall. If you can try and take them out this fall to get them hiking in the woods and being around some kills and blood.

yea I took the scraps from the 2 bulls I shot this year and had them sniff around it and a good thing too do is take some blood and smear in there nose too the them used too blood, all 3 of mine had no issues with the smell of blood or flesh.... I plan on a couple of summer hikes so I will definitely share,
Matt

Just a little curious... you said you packed the organs out of the mountains. What do you do with them?

I've never taken them before, but a friend of a friend wanted them for some reason. Lungs liver and heart, scratching my head regarding the lungs...

Elk heart is good. I've never liked liver and I make enough money not to eat lung.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back