MT Rifle Opener

MT_elk

Elk season won't come any too soon!

Just put the last batch of premium elk jerky in the dehydrator today!

Attachments

• Jerky.JPG
    Jerky.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,051
I will be heading toward Montana on Sunday, so I can get a few days of scouting in, and adjust to the altitude a little before the season opens.

Kevin

I'm leaving next Friday evening for Wise River for opening weekend. Looks like 60s and sunny.

I am leaving Jersey Friday and hope to hunt sometime Monday. I also don't have to be back to work until November 12th

My gear bag has been packed for 6 months. Backpack is stocked, Rifles are fired and tuned up, boots are waxed, ammo bag and camp boxes are loaded and my tags and maps are in my truck console next to a fresh bag of sunflower seeds.

My wife wishes I would dedicate this kind of effort and detail to our home improvement projects and the yard.

Guys,guys,guys....There are no critters left in Montana. Elk eaten by wolves and grizzlies. Deer are catching Ebola. It's awful.

Really though, best of luck and safe trips to everybody heading to Montana. I have never had to travel to hunt but have a lot of respect for people who do and are so dedicated.

Glassed this guy up last night. Kind of a crappy picture. For the most part the elk have clammed up.

digiscope.jpg

As soon as I can break out of the cubicle Friday I'm headed for the mosquito infested washed out canyons of the flat side.

Going to be a long week...

Looks like I'm skipping opening weekend. Will find a day or two next week to go look for something to put a tag on though. Good luck to the pumpkin army!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back