PEAX Equipment

Montana vs Wyoming

roadhunter

Banned
It's finally college football time. Looking forward to some good games on opening weekend including the Wyoming vs Montana game.

Anybody heading to Laramie for the game?
Going to a different game?
Smalls are you heading to Ames? This should be an interesting game. ISU was upset by UNI last year at home and now NDSU to start the season. Any feel for how the team looks wiht all the new faces on both sides of the ball and sidelines? I'm really curious to see how Bohl does at Wyoming.

Lets see
South Dakota is getting paid for a beatdown at Oregon I beleive.
Nebraska plays another home game pushover in FL Atl.
Boise vs Ole Miss should be interesting to see the broncos without Peterson.

I think Bohls is in for a rude awakening. This isn't the pee wee league he came from. Not to mention that no matter how good a coach is you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I think Bohls has a big ego...highlighted with his mug front and center on every billboard and poster in Laramie. I don't think his coaching style is about promoting the university of wyoming, the athletes, or Laramie...it's all about him. I'm not impressed and winning a few games won't likely change my opinion.

Ouch. But true about the talent. Don't know about the guy personally but college coaches tend to get big egos after winning lik he has for NDSU even though it is not a top tier league. He does know what big time football is like from his time at Nebraska. I think if what you said was true Bohl has even a little success he will leave Laramie on the first ticket out of town to a bigger payiung gig. Coaches at Wyoming have to strike while the iron is hot as success is difficult to maintain. Could see him being appeling to places like KU once they fire jaba the Weiss at the end of the season.

I really didn't think Christensen did a bad job all things considered. Wyoming is a tough place to win at and they are at a huge disadvantage to schools with bigger budgets and local talent in thier back yard. Anything close to .500 ball is really not bad all things considered.

So are the Griz going to beat the Cowboys this weekend? That would be one hell of a rude awakening gatting you ass handed to you in your first game against a FCS team at home.

road, my tassels are dry cleaned and my gas tank is full. The smalls clan will be headed to Ames on Friday morning and I can't wait for opening morning of tailgate season. This is a different team this year for us, new coach, new QB, no Billy Turner maintaining the left side of the O-line. Despite that, we should be very good again and defensively we will continue to be stout. I fully expect the extension of our winning streak as we exit Jack Trice stadium on Saturday.

Buzz, I get where you're coming from with Bohl. He's got a cheesy arrogance to his personality. BUT, I think you'll like his style of play and the type of young men he recruits. Expect him to find and use a throwback type of a full back, athletic lineman that can move down the line to open up holes, and using two running backs to split the carry load. His defense will give up yards especially early in games, but as the field shrinks his Tampa 2 typically clamps down pretty tough. The next year or two will be tough as the cupboard was pretty bare, but I do think he can succeed in Wyoming. Mostly because the conference is so terribly weak (outside of 2 decent teams/year the MWC sucks).

You will have fun in Ames. Good folks who are really down to earth. They really support their team no matter what.

Headed to the inferno in Cheney, WA to watch UM Western (NAIA) play Eastern Washington. :eek::eek::eek: My son plays for Western. Not only did they schedule an FCS school but they scheduled one of the best in the country..

I'm parenting my sleeping kids in Ames this evening while my wife if relaxing/pregaming with her family. I'll be headed over to the tailgate lot long before sunup to stake our claim.

Good luck to the griz (I'd like it if we were both undefeated for our late September tilt) and good luck to all going afield in the morning.

GO BISON!

Looks like smalls is on his way to keeping the streak. Looking good for the bison so far at half time.

Streak intact. I was confident but did not know how this new crop of starters, under a new coaching staff, would respond on the road against an FBS squad... well, after the first quarter NDSU simply demoralized Iowa State.

Wyoming/Montana reads as though it was an ugly game. All in all not a bad showing for the Griz at all and as their offensive line gets a bit more time together I'd expect to see their running game get stronger.

Circle 9/20 on your calendar Griz fans, that's when you have the privilege of challenging NDSU in Fargo. I can't wait.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back