Strothers bow

I had the same bow for 12 years, I bought it at a pawn shop. It was a Martin panther and it killed quite a few animals. But last year it started to squeak and I wanted a new bow. I spent hundreds of hours researching and everyone has their favorite brand. Well I finally decided on a strothers wrath. I LOVE IT! I shot a deer last year at 50 and that shot would not have happened with my old bow. My first pin is good at 20 and 30 yards, second pin 40, 3rd 50, 4th 60, 5th 70. And my shots are consistently in a pie plate at 70 yards. Just thought I would share in case someone was looking for a bow. I know they saw shoot them and get what feels best, but it can get confusing. And any new bow would have shot better than my old one, but I don't think I could have done much better. What bow do you shoot? Arrows? Broadheads? I'm curious what is getting it done in the real world.

Mathews Z7 (28 inch draw, 70#), QAD dropaway rest, Trophy Ridge react sight, Easton Carbon Aftermath arrows, Shuttle T Black Ops broadheads

Last edited:
Bear Method (29in draw 70#), Trophy Ridge Revolution rest (best rest for even twice the money), Trophy Ridge 4 pin sight (looking for a single pin adjustable set-up), Trophy Ridge 9" stabilizer, Carbon Express Maxima Red arrows with 125gr Magnus Stinger broad heads and a Trufire 4 finger release. I can shoot the hair off a gnats a$$ at 60 yards (I can't back that up)!

Lol! Those knats are hairy! Sweet set ups! I have tried shuttle t before, I have a mix now but like the muzzy trocar at the moment.

Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 in draw & 70lbs,goldtip arrows at 502 gr and 125 gr wasp broadheads and Trophy Taker rest with a CBE Tek Hybrid

2013 Elite Pulse 29" draw with Black Gold Ascent 5, Ripcord Code Red rest, Easton Epic 340 arrows and Rocket Hammerhead and Sidewinder Broadheads.

I have two bows set up. The first is a diamond iceman with HHA 5519 sight, QAD rest, vapor trail custom strings and cables, slick trick 100 standard with radial X-weave arrows. The second is a Mission Voyager also with HHA 5519 and QAD rest, Carbon Express arrows, slick trick 100 grain magnums.

HHA sights are made in my hometown and Strother Bows are made a few miles from where I live. Ironically enough, a few years ago, I used to live very close to the Mathews Factory.

2014 Hoyt Faktor 60 to 70 lbs. set at 68 lbs, ripcord code red rest, trophy ridge react 5 pin, trophy ridge 6" stactic stabilizer, easton full metal jacket with 100 grain slick trick magnums.

Bowtech Experience @ 68 pounds
Ripcord Code Red rest
Spot Hogg SDP sight
B Stinger Hunter 8"
Tight Spot quiver
Carbon Express Kevlar Hunter arrows, .340 spine
Slick Trick 125 grain broadheads

2014 Hoyt Faktor 30
QAD fallaway rest
Beestinger 8" Sport Hunter Xtreme
HHA Optimizer Lite (just picked it up yesterday)
Tight Spot Quiver
Gold Tip Velocity XT 300
100 gr. Slick Tricks Vipertrick

Last edited:
Back