Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Turky calls

DaveHawk

Over the year I will be turning Pot calls and strikers. Tops will be , Slate, Copper and Aluminum over glass.
This call is Maple with Burl, curl, Birdseye and spalt. The call has been hardened for protection against water damage.
Turn this today. Copper over glass and the sound is deep rich Boss hen. Played with the Black African striker. $65.00 includes shipping.

Skim , I did and missed 2 shot's. But the four I sold durring the season all brought in nice birds and were shot.
South, I'd have to measure the thickness , they are spaced for tone.

Thanks 1pointer. Their fun to make and gets me away from painting or work but still being creative. The more I get into this call making the more I want to turn something that is very different and wood is awesome , pulling out the characters and reveling the beauty of the grains.

I'm barely handy enough to hang a hung door, so I think those are very cool! Someday I can see myself buying one for me and each of my sons. Just way too cool. Some of the exotic woods you use make my Knight & Hale look like the ugly step sister...

I'm barely handy enough to hang a hung door, so I think those are very cool! Someday I can see myself buying one for me and each of my sons. Just way too cool. Some of the exotic woods you use make my Knight & Hale look like the ugly step sister...

That's what I want to get away from the ugly step sister. LOL

Finished this one up yesterday , I like the way it holds and the sound. Very light weight , The wood has been treated for hardness, Maple. Slate over glass.

5x5x1.5"'s

Ipointer this is one I turned today. The inside pic shows the 4 posts I mount the glass on top of.

Attachments

• 20140606_161711.jpg
    20140606_161711.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 20140606_161741.jpg
    20140606_161741.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Thanks for the dimensions. Thought maybe it'd be cool to have one made out of wood from my place...

I don't know yet as I haven't cut it down. ;) :D

It's typical eastern deciduous, so it could be walnut, maple, beech, oak, etc... We also have a few planted pines.

What would you suggest?

If anyone is interested my shop number is 301-948-6652
I'll do orders for forum members @ $55.00 that slate over crystal
the strikers are special order. African black wood is getting hard to get and I usually can make 4 for at a time. 1 striker pays for the wood for 4. so not much their in terms or making money considering the time.
All calls have been treated with a hardener and have a hand rubbed tong oil low sheen finish.

What I wanted to do was make a call that will feel comfortable while in use. play laud and soft with all tones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kallcarrty
Back