Idaho unit 61-2

Theurer

Can anyone help with specific locations to look for moose in 61-2. I called the moose biologist in IF and was told its all good moose habitat. That didn't really narrow it down. I will be heading over in a couple of weeks for some scouting. Thanks

I can't help you with the unit, but as a general rule, bios are much more helpful if you call them and ask specific, pointed questions as opposed to "where's the best spot for a moose".

Go scout in a couple of weeks and then call again with specifics on what you saw and questions you might have. Showing the bio that you are putting in your time and boot leather can get them to open up a bit more. Works well for online forums too.

Welcome to Hunt Talk

jr thanks for the hint. I will check it out and follow up if I have more questions. I was thinking that someone could point me in a general direction as it's a bit of a drive. I wasn't expecting a tip like "I saw a huge bull on Moose creek yesterday".

Good luck. I worked on my moms farm down in Buhl in the summers back in the day. I like that quiet town.

Finding moose in 61 isn't difficult. There are a lot of them there.
You'll find them.

Don't overlook the sage flats with creeks.

Let us know what you find!

Tougher hunting them there now. Saw a good bull swim across Henry's Lake last fall. Just saw a cow standing in the buffalo river last Friday. Moose are still around just look for the traffic jams.

Lots a moose in that area for sure. Here is a cell phone pic of a color copier print of a group of bulls just east of your area. Photo was about 5 years back,

Attachments

• IMAG0965.jpg
    IMAG0965.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 551
Found this bull last week, near the Willow creek drainage. It was a blast hunting during the rut called a smaller bull in to 16 yds and he walked right past me. This bull came fast and wanted to fight. Packing meat in the dark in grizzly country is also an experience I won't forget. Thanks to Justin for pointing me in the right direction, and Mike for bringing in the horses!

Attachments

• IMG_0362 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0362 (1024x768).jpg
    172 KB · Views: 464
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back