Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Geezer cleaned his Freezer

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Since Mrs. Fin is gone for the last week, decided to see what was in the bottom of the freezer, other than beaver hides needing fleshed and some muskrat glands for next season.

Lo and behold, there was a package of bison loin that somehow had fallen behind some boxes. Decided it was a good time to try some new spice rubs that I had been sent to, courtesy of the good folks at Dog Day Spice Rub.

The quick summary is this. Bison is sooooooo good, I didn't think it could get much better. Well, I am here to tell you that the "Paw Lickin' Rub" that I tried made it even better.

I get a lot of random packages sent to me, with requests to use in the show, etc. Many end up in the SWAG pile or given to kids or people I know. Not sure why it took me so long to get to this box of assorted rubs, but I suspect I will plow through them in short order now that I have tried it.

They sent me a box that had one of all six rubs they make. Gonna have to find out more about this company. Pretty sure these are going with me "on the road" this season. Hard to top a fresh antelope backstrap grilled slowly over coals, though I'm going to experiment with this stuff to see if it can improve on something as great as fresh antelope loin.

Any of you guys ever use this stuff? I'm not much of a spice guy, but I will admit to being impressed.

Dang, now if I can just draw another bison tag this winter. ;)

IMG_20140716_200320874.jpg

Link to their website is here. >>>------> http://dogdayspicerub.com/

And all I had was deer steak for supper.

....cruel pic Fin.

I know, Harley. I was thinking of all my Hunt Talker friends as that juice was slowing dripping onto the plate.

If any of you guys try any of their spice rubs, I would be interested in your thoughts.

Due to my liver situation, I'm on a pretty restricted diet, with some serious restrictions on protein (40g per day). I can assure the folks at the Mayo, when they get my next blood samples that the middle of July will look like I OD'd on protein.

Given it is 7g or Protein per ounce of red meat, I am sure part of the reason I struggled to wake up in the morning was the onset of a hepatic coma brought on by a 20 oz. bison loin. They did tell me it is best to not deprive myself of dietary cravings, so I can attest that I am not deprived of protein this week. It was just that good. No veggies, no bread, nothing, just complete Blackfoot Buffalo diet that night.

Good thing Mrs. Fin is out of town or I would have been in for a serious tongue lashing over that meal. I did save about 4oz for breakfast the following morning. :eek:

That looks great makes me very glad I laid out bou burger today for tomarrow on the grill. Bison is hard to beat.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back